Manny Machado not human

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manny Machado not human

reports are that he didn't tear either collateral ligament and that he may only miss 6 to 8 weeks. I thought he blew his leg up when I saw it yesterday.

Manny Machado may get the nickname Gumby....yeesh.
    Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Medial patellar ligament. He'll be out 6-8 weeks before resuming light running and the reports I've read say he should be fine for spring training. It could have been much, much worse.

Ah, to be young and flexible again. Who am I kidding? I was never anywhere near that athletic or capable of anything near what he can do. But it does help to be only 21.
      Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
      -- William James

Comment

Change of plans.......
        After suffering an ugly-looking knee injury late this year, Orioles star youngster Manny Machado has decided to undergo surgery to repair the medial patellofemoral ligament (MPFL) of his left knee, the team announced. The club says that doctors anticipate the surgery will require four to six months to rehabilitate
        per MLBtraderumors
        Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

Opening Day is "only" five and a half months away, so he may be ready. The O's would be best advised to have someone better than Ryan Flaherty around just in case so they don't get burned like they did with Brian Roberts.

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
          -- William James

Comment

well even if he takes the full 6 months he'd still only miss one month of next season - not really worth making a big investment in a replacement.
            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
              well even if he takes the full 6 months he'd still only miss one month of next season - not really worth making a big investment in a replacement.
              Not a big investment, but someone who's better than your average (or below average) utility infielder. Think how many teams, including Baltimore, have been burned by "We can get by with..."

-- William James

Comment

I would imagine they stay with Valencia.
                Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

Originally posted by Grinch View Post
                  I would imagine they stay with Valencia.
                  The good Valencia is a capable short-term replacement. The problem is that the bad Valencia is really, really bad.

-- William James

Comment

Working...
                  X