2k14 Keepers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2k14 Keepers

This is in RJEL, an 18-team league. I have been competitive the last three seasons, so my minor league is shot and my only bargains have been acquired through lucky trades, the auction or waiver wire.

We can go up to 10 keepers.

Already extended:
    1 - Chris Sale 6 2k14
    2 - Austin Jackson 11 2k14

Definite:
    3 - Matt Carpenter 5B

Pick up to 7 from this motley crew:
    4 - Justin Morneau 16B
    5 - Stephen Drew 3A
    6 - Adam LaRoche 5B
    7 - Adam Jones 40A
    8 - Avisail Garcia 1B
    9 - Darin Ruf 3B
    10 - Daniel Nava 2A
    11 - Lorenzo Cain 6B
    12 - Francisco Liriano 1A
    13 - Danny Salazar 6A
    14 - Ricky Nolasco 1A
    15 - Neftali Feliz 1A
    16 - Matt Holliday 40A
    17 - Jennry Mejia 1A

The rest of my team are expired contracts or not even worth considering. TIA.

Drew, Liriano, Nava, Salazar, Avisail, maybe Nolasco. Don't even think I want LaRoche for 5 (.239-20 is pretty meh). Morneau is slugging .314 for the Pirates. With so many cheap guys I'd consider taking Adam Jones even if he's a little overpriced.

Comment

Liriano is another definite - Pittsburgh has an option for $8M, so he'll almost certainly stay in a good situation.

Some of the other guys could end up being solid bets, but you'll probably have to wait until ST to get a decent feel.
      people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Definites--Nolasco, Liriano, Cain, Sale, Jackson. Garcia is worth a flyer IMO. I'm not that high on Carpenter, but he is solid and you have him at a decent price for what he does as a middle infielder.

Don't excite me--Morneau (at that price), Ruf, Drew, Holliday (at that price), LaRoche for anything over a buck.

If you don't want to keep Jones for $40, let's talk trade this off-season.
        Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
        -- William James

Comment

Don't worry Ed, you can always fleece me again this off-season. As long as you have a "slugging" catcher that can't hit for power, I'm your huckleberry...
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

rather than keep Salazar, couldnt you get him back for that price at the auction? I think I'd definitely consider Jones if top 10 hitters go in that range or higher.
            "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Liriano, Nolasco are locks.
              Cain is a good bet. Garcia too.
              Drew probably but not a big fan.
              Ruf could have nice value next year.
              Very tough call for #7. Spring Training will tell you more.

Comment

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                rather than keep Salazar, couldnt you get him back for that price at the auction? I think I'd definitely consider Jones if top 10 hitters go in that range or higher.
                yeah, I'd think Salazar is probably fairly priced.

Jones at 40 is probably a bit underpriced. This is an OBP league, but I think he'd go in the 50s.

Comment

Agree that Liriano is in the definites. Others aren't that exciting but Jones at 40 - keep him and trade him to somebody who dumped this year in exchange for a minor leaguer since you need to rebuild anyway? Might as well get something for him and then free up that $40 to spend at auction.

Comment

Working...
                  X