Billy Hamilton finally got a start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Billy Hamilton finally got a start

batting 9th against Houston, he went 3 for 4 with a double, two walks, and four steals. Aiyaa.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

the guy is flat out exciting
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

More starts please!
      Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
        batting 9th against Houston, he went 3 for 4 with a double, two walks, and four steals. Aiyaa.
        In 1 game, his OPS goes from .000 to 1.127.

There are some concerns about his bat, but I think his career will be Vince Coleman rather than Dee Gordon. Coleman wasnt a great player (career .668 OPS and 12.2 WAR), but he did make a couple AS teams. He stole 100+ bags 3 times, which is what I think Hamilton will do also if he gets regular playing time. And I dont remember Coleman as being even a good CFer. Hamilton could be very good out there; BA says he projects as a plus CFer and maybe even GG. So he could very well have a better career than Coleman, which wouldnt be bad. And a fantasy STUD.

Comment

I went to base-ref to review vince coleman's career stats and found my way to tony gwynn. Damn, I forgot just how amazing gwynn was putting bat to ball....338 CAREER batting average!!

Comment

I can attest having seen in person that Billy Hamilton is very fast. 3.0 to 3.1 seconds on his stolen bases last night. Crazy.
            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Working...
            X