Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AL only trade?

AL only 5x5 12 team $260 budget Ultra.

Another owner and I are kicken the can down the road.

I would like to acquire his $22 Hamilton who is good for this year and next or I can give him a raise next year at $5 per year.

He wants my $27 Youk who is done this year or can be signed at $5 per year. And my $5 Gio who needs a raise this year as well.

If I do not do the trade I would not give Youk a raise and am on the fence with Gio.

He might also take a $23 Wells (raise eligible next year) and Gio.

Would you do either one of these?

I'd do either version of that, but I'd try and see if I could get something small from him to fill a keeper spot. Either way though, I'd want Hamilton.

Comment

I'd rather trade Wells but either way I'd do the deal.
      I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

I wouldn't do the deal. Look at Hamilton's last four years and you'll see two good years and two not-so-good years.

Youk is worth more straight up in a 12-team AL, much less adding in Gio.

I'd keep Youk and Gio, but neither would get a raise. You take too much of the profit away from Gio if you bump him to $10.

I'd see if he'd take Wells and a box of baseballs (or some other non-essential item). But I think Hamilton is only a couple of bucks under value, so you wouldn't gain that much by having him the extra year, unless you expect inflation to be crazy high.

Comment

What Lucky said. If you have anything passable to package with Wells other than Gio, I'd look at that.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I like Youk and Gio over Hamilton. If you really really want Hamilton then do the Wells and Gio, but Try to do Wells and another pitcher if you have one. I like Gio in Oak and though spring doesn't really matter, he is in mid season form already and would go for at least $20 in my AL only league.

Comment

Thank you gentlemen for your responses.

If I read all of them at one time it would appear that this is the same battle that is going on in my head. Half of my brain says yes the other half says no.

So after some more chatting with me suggesting a $10 Holland or a $7 Nova. He has stepped out and said. It is going to take Wells and Gio to get Hamilton. I said I would think about it but he might have to throw a little sweetner my way. He really doesn't have much. He has Dan Wheeler 1b, Pat Neshek 1b, Vin Mazzaro $5 and done, Darren O'Day 5b.

I guess I am most concerned that Wells will not do as well in his new park. On the other hand I really like a $5 Gio.

Any more thoughts?

Comment

I guess it might depend on who else you have in your rotation and what may be available in the draft. I have Wells at $22 in my league and I'm throwing him back or trading him. He will regress a bit in power in Anaheim, but may steal more. He's a decent keeper at $23 depending on what else you have, but not a slam dunk. I can see why he would need Gio along with him for Hamilton as long as you luck out and he stays healthy. Again, with me it would depend on what other pitchers you have to keep.

Comment

I do the deal with Wells and Gio but not with Youk. Hamilton is a stud and underpriced at $22. Wells played like way over his head last yr and I expect him to fall to earth and disappoint every owner paid value based on last season. Wells could revert to 07 or 09 where he averaged between 15-20 HRs. Also last two yrs he hasn't LHP pitchers batting around .200. Gio is a nice price and showed nice gains last season. If he can retain the gains from last season he could be a nice $20 plus pitcher. Much depends on him continuing to get his control better. The biggest downside to Hamilton is being healthy. If he puts up 500-600 ABs he'll put up very nice numbers and he plays in a great hitters park with a great line-up. With the addition of Napoli and Beltre that team will be scoring runs big time. Having Youk and Hamilton on the same roto teams sounds nice.

Comment

My other pitchers are:

Jarred Weaver $20 can be extended for $5 per year or played out (planing on no extension)

Rickey Romero $1 (will extend to $6)

Ivan Nova $7 (done this year)

Holland $10 this year and next (can extend next year)

I also have a $22 Frank Francisco who is on the fence. There are only 4 more closers in the auction.

On offense I have Crawford for $38, Bautista $4, Jason Donald $2, Brayan Penya $4, Youk $27, and Cust $11.

Plus the obvious Wells and Gio.
                    Last edited by Gregg; 03-19-2011, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Bumping for one last time in the event that the new info makes a difference. Or that one of my other roto bros would like to weigh in.

Thank you in advance.

Comment

I'd prefer Wells and Gio - I really like your pitching staff with Gio on it. Given the health risk that Hamilton is, I'd stick with Wells and Gio.
                        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I would stick. Hamilton is not that much of an upgrade over Wells (even if Wells regresses). The only way you can come out ahead is if Hamilton has an MVP type year, I would rather bet he is good not great and stick with Wells and Gio.

Comment

Working...
                          X