Jacob Elsbury

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacob Elsbury

What are leagues doing with Elsbury? Boston hasn't formally placed him on the DL but most places are saying he is done until the post season. Does that make him eligible for reserved or bench status if your league onlly allows DL players to be on reserve status?

Nope. If you don't have a non-DL reserve roster, you have to either carry him as a dead spot on your roster--or cut him. Isn't September fun?

I'm an Ellsbury owner, but we have a reserve roster. That's where he's staying until he actually plays again. For me, it's part of an unusual year, as I'm still in contention. Most years, my various teams collapse far earlier than September.
    Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
    -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by braveshots View Post
      What are leagues doing with Elsbury? Boston hasn't formally placed him on the DL but most places are saying he is done until the post season. Does that make him eligible for reserved or bench status if your league onlly allows DL players to be on reserve status?
      If it was july and elLsbury had a sore back and was sitting out 4 days, would your league allow him to be put on the dl?

Comment

Hell, Boujos had surgery and isn't on the DL...

A guy in contention cut him (even though he was in last year of long term contract, which requires a buyout) ... if on DL, reserve... no DL, buyout...
        I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
        You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
        "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
        It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Working...
        X