Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick help: drop a closer

Ziegler or Hawkins...who goes?

They are third stringers behind Soriano and Perez. Will only use them if we matchup against another team with 3 closers, or fall behind in saves (1 pitching move per week).

TIA
    Hawkins
    0%
    Ziegler
    0%

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

I went with Hawkins - figured he was least likely to see save chances over the next few weeks.

Comment

Hawkins for me. Given his history, you just KNOW something really, really bad is going to happen soon with him closing.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Hawkins for me as well - 40 year old free agent vs 34 year old under contract.

edit: But Hawkins does have a much better schedule this week (7 home games vs WAS/MIA, Ziegler has 3 home vs COL, 3 road @LAD)
        Last edited by Controller Jacobs; 09-09-2013, 08:05 AM.
        people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

I guess I am the lone voter for Ziegler. He just hasn't been any good lately. Hawkins has 5 scoreless outings in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
            Hawkins for me as well - 40 year old free agent vs 34 year old under contract.

edit: But Hawkins does have a much better schedule this week (7 home games vs WAS/MIA, Ziegler has 3 home vs COL, 3 road @LAD)
            I could wait a few days to make the move as I am going to pick up an RP-eligible starter for a Thu start.

JC, Ziegler had 2 SV last week which earned him some redemption. Last week I would have dropped him without blinking.

Comment

Frank Francisco is back with the Mets. He's a FA next year so they may not be interested in making him the closer, but it certainly could impact Hawkins.
              people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
                Frank Francisco is back with the Mets. He's a FA next year so they may not be interested in making him the closer, but it certainly could impact Hawkins.
                Good to know. I will keep an eye on it. I ended up dropping Hawkins and picking up Buehrle for his start tomorrow vs. LAA.

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                  Good to know. I will keep an eye on it. I ended up dropping Hawkins and picking up Buehrle for his start tomorrow vs. LAA.
                  FWIW, I think that's a good call. Dishwater dull as he usually is overall, Buehrle has been rock solid the last month (but you know that, given your location). In fact, he's been a lot better than my flashier and higher-priced SPs in both leagues in which I own him.
                  Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                  -- William James

Comment

Working...
                  X