Fishing WW for 2014.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing WW for 2014.

It is the time of year where restocking the farm pond is possible. I have a couple that I want comments on, but hopefully there will be many names for the 2K14 thread before we are finished.

Kole Calhoun, OF - Already 26, he has had a decent fill in role for the Angels, .265/.351/.469 in 114 PA. He has the defensive skills for RF. Will he be in the running for the full time job in March?

Yusmeiro Petit, SP/RP - Almost the definition of a journeyman, he is now with the Giants and has a big park advantage. His small sample numbers have a K/9 over 11 and a K/BB much better than his career averages. Is this a thrower that has learned to pitch? What are his chances for the 2014 rotation?

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

I'm not sold on Petit and never have been. I think he's still a thrower and is in the rotation because the Giants have no one else.

Calhoun is another matter. If you have an empty slot and can get him cheaply, take the chance. It may (should) be a busy off-season for Anaheim (I just can't call them by the name of that big city in the next county), which ought to clean house after the year. If they do, who knows who may be headed elsewhere other than Trout, Pujols, and Hamilton?
    Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
    -- William James

Comment

Working...
    X