Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soriano $42 keeper?

12 team AL only keeper 5x5 roto w/cap

i have a chance to trade for him but the other owner bid $42 on him when he came over and I'd have to take him into the draft next year where our draft day salary cap is $260 with 23 active spots.

Can anyone see him coming close to that value next year?

Thanks

$42. Cute. Paying $42 for any player would cripple you in the draft. Low 20s is the most I would pay for a closer.

If he retires, do you get out of it?

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Alfonso, not Rafael.

And no, he will not be worth $42 next year unless your league has some insane inflation.
      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

I wouldn't pay $42 for Alfonso and Rafael combined.

Comment

how about Dunn at $22? i'm trying to add some pop for the stretch run, but he has been awful lately and not even helping much in obp

Comment

No way on Soriano, and I'd pass on Dunn if you have to keep him at 22 next year. But at least Dunn has a fighting chance of coming close to that value.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
              Alfonso, not Rafael.

And no, he will not be worth $42 next year unless your league has some insane inflation.
              Oops. I had Rivera stuck in my head. With his avg, he should not approach $30, let alone $40.
              Last edited by virgonomic; 09-04-2013, 04:00 PM.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
              Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
              Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
                Agreed. I can see bidding next year going that high under some very limited circumstances (multiple owners with lots of cash, last power hitter, maybe Yankee fans), but it's way over a keeper price.

I have him for $19 in my NL-Only and sure will miss him. OTOH, getting him for $2 in PONY before last year was one of my very few smart moves lately.
                Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                -- William James

Comment

Working...
                X