X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Justin Morneau traded for Alex Presley

Didn't see that coming.

Originally posted by Rotoworld
    Pirates acquired 1B Justin Morneau from the Twins for OF Alex Presley and a player to be named later or cash.
    The trade gives the Pirates a much needed upgrade at first base over the current platoon of Garrett Jones and Gaby Sanchez. Morneau is batting .259/.315/.426 with 17 home runs over 495 at-bats and is set to become a free agent this offseason. Presley, 28, should see the majority of playing time in right field with the Twins.
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

As a Twins fan, sorry to see Morneau leave, but I'm glad he is getting a chance to get to the playoffs. He definitely will give some playoff (one series and out) experience to the Bucs.
    "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
    - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
    - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

Jesus, I know that Morneau isn't what he used to be, but Alex Presley? 28 years old amd has been trying to make it for 4 years with a bad Pittsburgh club...I hope that this was simply a nice gesture by the Twins front office to Morneau and not an actual attempt to get something in return.
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

The starting lineup when Marte gets back:

LF-Marte (R)
        2B-Walker (S)
        CF-McCutchen (R)
        3B-Alvarez (L)
        RF-Byrd (R)
        1B-Morneau (L)
        C-Martin (R)
        SS-Mercer (R)
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Do the Twins give Chris Colabello an extended look see at 1b? An NDFA who has hit everywhere he's played... around the same age as Presley but even cheaper...
          I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
          You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
          "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
          It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Originally posted by SeaDogStat View Post
            Do the Twins give Chris Colabello an extended look see at 1b? An NDFA who has hit everywhere he's played... around the same age as Presley but even cheaper...
            Yeah, that's supposedly the plan, although his swing is longer than Kevin Durant's arms. The prevailing wisdom is that Mauer will end up at first, using the concussion as an excuse for the Twins to move him there. He wants to catch, but they don't want to lose the face of the franchise. So now they'll end up with a crappy catcher AND a powerless 1st baseman...Sano and Buxton can't get here soon enough.
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
            X