trade deadline help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trade deadline help

I can trade Adam LaRoche $9 for Eric Young $5 in an NL only keeper league. I need both SBs and HRs so those categories arent critical, but BA is. The trade partner is 10 SBs ahead of me and 7 HRs behind. I intend to pick up Campana as a roster expansion move, and perhaps Tyler Moore. I have a big lead in runs so no issue there. Concern re EY for ROS playing time as well as 2014 PT. Thoughts on trade?
    Last edited by FBP; 08-30-2013, 02:14 PM.

If RBIs are also not a consideration, I take the deal. I don't think Young will play if he doesn't hit, but LaRoche seems to be in the lineup when healthy no matter what he's doing.

However, consider the source of this recommendation. Also, I'd ask one of the Mets fans about my thought about Young, as I could easily be off on that one.
    Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
    -- William James

Comment

I would be the one trading LaRoche

Comment

I'd take EY in your situation. He has a higher career average than LaRoche and I think his playing time is safe for 2013.

I think EY is at some risk for playing time in the event the Mets upgrade their OF, but if EY plays full time in 2014, he will steal 50+ bags, and he will steal 20+ playing part time. FWIW, LaRoche could get dealt to an AL squad to make room for Tyler Moore or if Zimmerman doesn't solve his throwing issues and needs to move from 3B.

Comment

Working...
        X