Shandler September League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shandler September League

Anyone see this? I'm gonna give it a try. Why not? It's free and a slow day at the office.
    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
    Anyone see this? I'm gonna give it a try. Why not? It's free and a slow day at the office.
    I'm still waiting for Shander to tell me which 3rd string catcher will hit 20 home runs. (You may have to look this one up.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
      I'm still waiting for Shander to tell me which 3rd string catcher will hit 20 home runs. (You may have to look this one up.)
      I'm still waiting for that breakout season from Brad Fullmer.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
        That was some banner ad.

Comment

Clearly no one seems interested in the league. But here is the team I came up with:

Code:
          Pos	 Active Players	Team	Sal	Elig
          1B	Freddie Freeman	Atl	23	1B
          2B	Aaron Hill	Ari	6	2B
          SS	Hanley Ramirez	LAD	15	3B,SS
          3B	Adrian Beltre	Tex	24	3B
          OF	C. Granderson	NYY	3	OF
          OF	Adam Jones	Bal	22	OF
          OF	Yasiel Puig	LAD	19	OF
          OF	Alfonso Soriano	NYY	13	OF
          OF	Will Venable	SD	10	OF
          C	Jason Castro	Hou	11	C
          C	Wilin Rosario	Col	9	C
          UT	Allen Craig	StL	20	1B,OF
          CI	Brett Lawrie	Tor	5	3B,2B
          MI	Martin Prado	Ari	9	OF,3B,2B
          P	Danny Farquhar	Sea	6	P
          P	Zack Greinke	LAD	8	P
          P	Dan Haren	Was	6	P
          P	Jim Henderson	Mil	8	P
          P	Jarrod Parker	Oak	5	P
          P	Addison Reed	CWS	6	P
          P	Max Scherzer	Det	26	P
          P	Kevin Siegrist	StL	1	P
          P	Cliff Lee	Phi	16	P
          Pos	 Reserved Players	Team	Sal	Elig
          SS	Alexei Ramirez	CWS	14	SS
          3B	Nolan Arenado	Col	4	3B
          OF	Khris Davis	Mil	1	OF
          OF	Robbie Grossman	Hou	4	OF
          C	Salvador Perez	KC	2	C
          P	Roy Halladay	Phi	1	P
          P	Nate Jones	CWS	1	P
          P	Martin Perez	Tex	1	P
          P	Zack Wheeler	NYM	1	P

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

I plan on putting a team together over the weekend
            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
              I plan on putting a team together over the weekend
              Let me know if I missed anyone obvious. The list has a lot of players to look through. One thing I did was use the Yahoo rankings of the last 30 days and find players that were not initially ranked high but have been playing very well lately (like Khris Davis and Robbie Grossman). Then there are injury guys (like Granderson, Greinke, Halladay). Or just guys who didn't have any value in the first half (like Farquhar, Wheeler, Haren, Prado) but have played much better.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                Let me know if I missed anyone obvious. The list has a lot of players to look through. One thing I did was use the Yahoo rankings of the last 30 days and find players that were not initially ranked high but have been playing very well lately (like Khris Davis and Robbie Grossman). Then there are injury guys (like Granderson, Greinke, Halladay). Or just guys who didn't have any value in the first half (like Farquhar, Wheeler, Haren, Prado) but have played much better.
                yep, I was going to target guys that came up mid year, or with crap first halves myself, I'll let you know if I find anyone obvious
                "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Aramis looks like a cheap option $5. A-rod is $1
                  After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

I've never done a league that has twice-weekly moves, but given that three of the four pitching categories are counting categories, is it worth using most of my bench on SPs?
                    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

That is the steategy many winning teams uses in the first run according to RS.

Comment

My fave plays are $5 Brett Lawrie, $9 Giancarlo Stanton, $3 Curtis Granderson, and $1 Alex Wood.

Comment

Does anyone play the Shandler Monthly Game? I did well in April and May of last year, then did not have a good June and didn't play again after that. I went ahead and created a team for this season's first April session, so I'm curious if anyone else is playing too.
                          2021 Auction Anatomy
                          2021 Keeper Decisions
                          2020 Auction Anatomy
                          2020 Pre-Auction
                          2015 Auction Anatomy
                          2014 Auction Anatomy
                          2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                          RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

Working...
                          X