Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would you rank these possible keepers

AL only keeper 12 team 5x5 w/obp
    the following guys are definate keepers in my book, so rank in order by value/potential. XX players are good for 3 years at the contract price once they hit 50inn/130ab or are activated. Can take 3 xx players into draft day and I only have one in Chris Carter, so I'm looking to trade a few expensive keepers to add some value in cheap active or minor league guys.

Carrasco $5 active, contract 2013 can be extended prior to 2013 season
    Britton $2 xx minors, clock hasn't started
    Walden $2 xx minors, clock hasn't started
    Bard $2 active, contract 2012, can be extended prior to 2012 season
    Jacob Turner $5 xx minors, clock hasn't started

Thanks

Been struggling with this one, I hate specualting on young pitching, too much can happen. I would go with the ones cloest to the majors:

Bard
    Carrasco
    Britton
    ~
    Turner
    Walden

Comment

Originally posted by wombat104 View Post
      Been struggling with this one, I hate specualting on young pitching, too much can happen. I would go with the ones cloest to the majors:

Bard
      Carrasco
      Britton
      ~
      Turner
      Walden
      I agree with the order, but I'd separate Bard from the rest. He'll give you good numbers this year, and potentially huge value as a closer in '12-13.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Probably agree with the order but I would rank them more like this:
        Group 1: Bard
        Group 2: Carrasco
        Group 3: Britton, Turner & Walden.

I do like the potential of all these guys.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
          I agree with the order, but I'd separate Bard from the rest. He'll give you good numbers this year, and potentially huge value as a closer in '12-13.
          I think i pretty much agree with the rankings. Bard is nice because for the price he will help with era, whip and k's even if about 60+ innings and may become the closer at some point. Not sure if Bos would go to Jenks or Wheeler first since they have more experience. I think they have Jenks for 2 years. Not sure about Wheeler.

I have a lot of expensive guys on my team and need to pick up some cheaper guys.

Got an offer of Bard and Turner or Martin Perez ($10xx) for my $31 Kinsler. I also have Beckham at $15 that I can plug into 2nd. This is a very weak position in our draft.

Another owner has interest in Kinsler and I was thinking off offering him Kinsler or Beckham for Carrasco and Walden. He also has a little more expensive option in Pierre at $18 that I might be able to do straight up for either of my guys.

Thoughts?

Comment

I'd rather have Bard and Turner than Carrasco and Walden. I think Bard's upside is much higher.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
              I'd rather have Bard and Turner than Carrasco and Walden. I think Bard's upside is much higher.
              Another possiblity is getting Carrasco $5 2012 and Arrieta $5 2012 for Kinsler $31 or Beckham $15.

I need to get a little cheaper and would rather do that with pitching sleepers. Question is should I do Kinsler or Beckham and is Carrasco+Arrieta now better than Bard+Turner?

Comment

Working...
              X