Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Harvey - MRI

@MarcCarig 52s
    Source: Matt Harvey underwent an MRI this morning at HSS. More details forthcoming.

WFAN reporting DL with a partially torn UCL

Comment

Likely to miss all of 2014.

A shame. That franchise is cursed.
      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

keep (small, pathetic, desperate) hope alive!

Will Carroll @injuryexpert

Whole key for Matt Harvey is how significant the UCL sprain is. Most surgeons say over 33% tearing means Tommy John.
        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

From Rotoworld--

"WFAN's Mike Francesca reported Monday that Matt Harvey has a torn UCL in his right elbow.
          That injury almost always leads to Tommy John reconstructive elbow surgery, which would likely cost Harvey the entire 2014 season. The 24-year-old right-hander boasts a tremendous 2.39 ERA, 0.99 WHIP and 261/57 K/BB ratio through his first 237 2/3 major league innings. This is obviously terrible news for the Mets.
          Source: Matthew Cerrone on Twitter"

Francesa is hardly a reliable source, but if this is close to true, what a horrible thing for Harvey, the Mets, and all those long-suffering Mets fans. Fans of this awful franchise are indeed cursed.

As a Harvey owner, I feel your pain.
          Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
          -- William James

Comment

Ervin Santana is someone who had a partial UCL tear, avoided surgery, and has done well

Comment

So Matt Harvey is human after all.

Comment

Harvey doesn't want the surgery
                Alderson said there had been forearm issues for some time
                Collins says yesterday was the first he's heard of it

oy
                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Roto Rooter View Post
                  So Matt Harvey is human after all.

Well put. As a long-suffering Mets fan and Harvey owner in my fantasy league, I can only put it one way:

I quit.

P.S. Silver lining? Maybe fans will abandon the ballpark in droves and the Wilpons will be forced to sell.

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                    Harvey doesn't want the surgery
                    Alderson said there had been forearm issues for some time
                    Collins says yesterday was the first he's heard of it

oy
                    Alderson should be fired by the end of the day if this was a normal franchise. If it's true that he's had forearm issues for months yet they trotted this guy out there anyway to they could sell tickets that is unacceptable. Just a horseshit mickey mouse operation they have there in Queens. FUCK THE METS.

Comment

Rumor has it Fred Wilpon is asking if they can take out his ucl and turn Harvey into a knuckleballer.

Comment

Originally posted by Roto Rooter View Post
                        Alderson should be fired by the end of the day if this was a normal franchise. If it's true that he's had forearm issues for months yet they trotted this guy out there anyway to they could sell tickets that is unacceptable. Just a horseshit mickey mouse operation they have there in Queens. FUCK THE METS.
                        If Alderson knew and didn't do anything, he should be canned. If he knew and Collins didn't, both should be canned. If Collins knew and is lying, he should be canned.

If the Mets were a normal franchise, they'd clean out the whole bunch (except some of the players) and start over. However, the Mets are not and never have been normal, going back to their beginning.
                        Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                        -- William James

Comment

I get back from a nice first day of my vacation, with little internet to poke around on, and wowza.....only the Mets.

Comment

Hefner's going for TJ surgery now, too. Maybe the Mets can get a bulk discount?

Comment

You are f**king shitting me.

I've been working on a piece for the last three hours and I see this.

Traded for Harvey just a couple of months back as part of a rebuilding programme.

FFS.

Comment

Working...
                              X