Remember when...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remember when...

...these two players were monsters the year after they were traded for each other?

Pitcher--32 GS, 17-6, 196 IP, 3.21/1.33, 206 K

Hitter--156 G, .304/.371/.530, 98 R, 32 HR, 130 RBI

My, how times have changed.

Both still active. Name them.
    Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
    -- William James

Alternate universe Michael Pineda and Jesus Montero?
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Is is Hamilton and Volquez? That's who popped into my mind first?

Comment

Josh Hamilton is starting to develop Bret Saberhagen syndrome:

2007 - .292/19/47
        2008 - .304/32/130
        2009 - .268/10/54
        2010 - .359/32/100
        2011 - .298/25/94
        2012 - .285/43/128
        2013 - .231/19/60

Ironically, the Padres DFA'd Volquez this afternoon.
        Last edited by revo; 08-24-2013, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dannahann View Post
          Is is Hamilton and Volquez? That's who popped into my mind first?
          You got it!

I've never understood why the Padres took Volquez as part of the Latos deal, as almost any objective observer could see the "done" sticker on his forehead. Hamilton may return to his old self or at least some semblance of it, but Volquez...
          Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
          -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
            You got it!

I've never understood why the Padres took Volquez as part of the Latos deal, as almost any objective observer could see the "done" sticker on his forehead. Hamilton may return to his old self or at least some semblance of it, but Volquez...
            Ha, I've never pegged one of these before. Only reason this one clicked was a debate I had late in that season with a good buddy, who like me, was sort of a Tex fan but the Rangers weren't our favorite team. It was late in that season and Josh was hitting 300 with 100+ RBI and Edinson had 14 or 15 W with a nice ERA at the time and I was all over Tex for trading away a guy they'd truly need more. If there was a correct side to that debate, I was clearly on the wrong end of it. But hey it paid off on this post!

Comment

Working...
            X