Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Matt Adams a full time player in 2014?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Matt Adams a full time player in 2014?

Opinions?

I have him for $4 and I'm trying to decide how valuable of a keeper he is or if I should use him as a trade chip at our deadline.
    Some people say winning isn't everything. I say those people never won anything.

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Some people are like Slinkies, they are not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

"...relentless inevitability of Yankee glory." - The Onion

Carlos Beltran is a free agent, so they could slot Allen Craig in RF and install Adams as the first baseman, so there's a definite possibility of a spot opening up.

Comment

His 2nd-half slump is not helping his cause and his limited defensive versatility hurts as well. With Jon Jay getting hot, he's put himself back into consideration for the Cards' outfield next year along with Taveras and of course Holliday. I'm guessing it'll be somewhat of a 3-way competition between Adams, Jay, and Taveras for the 2 open positions and there's a better than 50/50 chance that Adams wins one of those spots (I'll say 60/40).

Comment

XBA an ok .267 this season, and only .208 in past month while his actual AVG is .231 in that span

#tradechip
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
          His 2nd-half slump is not helping his cause and his limited defensive versatility hurts as well. With Jon Jay getting hot, he's put himself back into consideration for the Cards' outfield next year along with Taveras and of course Holliday. I'm guessing it'll be somewhat of a 3-way competition between Adams, Jay, and Taveras for the 2 open positions and there's a better than 50/50 chance that Adams wins one of those spots (I'll say 60/40).
          He doesn't play OF does he?

Comment

Originally posted by Riff Raff View Post
            He doesn't play OF does he?
            No, but if he plays 1B, Craig can play the outfield. The problem is that Taveras really isn't a CF. If the Cards are willing to play him there, then Jay can be the odd man out. But if they're not, then Adams is. Most likely they go into 2014 with Tavares in Beltran's spot and everything else the same, with Craig in the OF and Adams at 1B when anyone gets hurt.

Comment

Working...
            X