12tm AL only Keepers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12tm AL only Keepers

Keep between 8-12. 5x5 AL only. Inflation is above 20%. Stars like A-Gone, Texiera and Cano will all approach if not hit $50. Not the greatest talent available as most high priced players that can be kept will be.

1 catcher 2 Utility spots.

1B Youkalis $38 B
    1B LaPorta $10 OP
    SS Aybar $7 OP
    3B Kouzmanoff $13 B
    1B/OF Trumbo $1 OP (Played 23 OF games in the minors so he counts for our pool as OF or 1B)
    OF DeJesus $11 OP
    C Posada $8 B
    DH Scott $14 OP

SP Lester $15x
    SP Anderson $15 OP
    SP Lewis $1 B
    RP Sale $2 OP
    SP Baker $14 B

Minor league keeper question also. If we keep our minor leaguers we lose the round pick they were selected in last season. To keep Ackley I lose the 4th overall pick. Players available are Nishioka, Trout, Moustakas, Hosmer and Pineda. Our minor league system is set up were it is way more valuable to draft players who will play this season and help out because you get to replace them every year. Hanging onto a player like Trout for a couple of year means you miss out on getting a new first round pick. How do you rank those rookies (draft is done before the main player auction.) Thanks.

Assuming that Moustakas' likelihood of playing this year moves him into the top 3, you'll probably get either Hosmer or Pineda at #4. I like either of them more than Ackley so I'd do it. I'd rank them Trout (still think he contributes in 2012), Hosmer, Moustakas, Nishioka, Pineda, Ackley.

For your keepers, I'd keep Youk, Laporta, Aybar, Trumbo, Dejesus, Lester, Lewis for sure. That's 7. I would toss Posada back if you only play 1 C. I don't even love Dejesus at 11 but I think he earns it and I'd rather not tie up a UT spot with Scott. Kouz is too much. I do think Trumbo starts the year and maybe forces his way into a role all year. For the 8th guy I do like Anderson and I'd keep him. I would probably keep Sale as #9, even though it's an option year and Thornton got a contract extension, I think he earns a profit. I wouldn't keep Baker.

Comment

Thanks joncarlos, thinking very much along those lines. Have an offer of Encarnacion $10op for Sale $2op. I really want Encarnacion for some strange reason. The other owner is throwing in Scutaro $9 not so sure I'd keep him though.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
        Assuming that Moustakas' likelihood of playing this year moves him into the top 3, you'll probably get either Hosmer or Pineda at #4. I like either of them more than Ackley so I'd do it. I'd rank them Trout (still think he contributes in 2012), Hosmer, Moustakas, Nishioka, Pineda, Ackley.

For your keepers, I'd keep Youk, Laporta, Aybar, Trumbo, Dejesus, Lester, Lewis for sure. That's 7. I would toss Posada back if you only play 1 C. I don't even love Dejesus at 11 but I think he earns it and I'd rather not tie up a UT spot with Scott. Kouz is too much. I do think Trumbo starts the year and maybe forces his way into a role all year. For the 8th guy I do like Anderson and I'd keep him. I would probably keep Sale as #9, even though it's an option year and Thornton got a contract extension, I think he earns a profit. I wouldn't keep Baker.
        I agree with JC except I would keep Posada at that price, with more time at DH he will earn a nice profit.

Comment

If Ackley is going to cost whoever keeps him his first round pick, I'd be looking to trade him to a team picking towards the end of the round.

Comment

Thanks guys. I have been trying to trade Ackley for some time now with no success. A team finally offered Napoli $10 for him so I took it. Not a major upgrade over Posada but I wasn't keeping Ackley anyhow. Trying to deal Scott and LaPorta if I can get anything worth keeping.

Comment

Working...
            X