catcher concussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• catcher concussions

There seem to be more than ever this year - I wonder if MLB is finally becoming more aware and cognizant of when they happen?

They became aware of this a while back, thus the creation of the 7-day DL for concussions and the requirement that players pass medical tests in order to be reinstated. It's an area that went underinvestigated for years and years and now has been addressed. Give Bud and company some credit on this issue (that's for you Selig "haters"). I also think that teams are erring on the side of caution in this area (finally), preferring to put someone on the 7-day DL rather than going "day-to-day" and playing at times with only one healthy catcher.

While this has hurt various teams of mine quite hard lately (Jaso, S. Perez, now Avila), I don't claim to be the Typhoid Mary of catcher concussions.
    Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
    -- William James

Comment

Working...
    X