Head-to-Head Playoffs Strategies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Head-to-Head Playoffs Strategies

I'm in a good position to make the playoffs in my head-to-head redraft league, but since the match-ups last only one week, I feel like I can't do anything to help my cause in the post-season other than starting a full line-up and crossing my fingers. My personal league has a limit of six acquisitions per week to limit pitcher streaming, so that sort of goes out the window, but I can still make trades for a few more weeks.

Does anyone know of useful head-to-head playoff strategies?

depending on your innings limit, if all you need is to win 6-4 or whatever, you might want to run a lot of closers/MRs and try to win ERA/Ratio/SV and not worry about wins and Ks.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Is it 5x5? How much trading can you legitimately do?

You could try to project out who will get 2 starts during your big weeks and pick them up ahead of time. So if you're only allowed 6 during the actual week, then pick up 3 Monday starters the day before the week (and the limit of 6) starts.

Or, if you're feeling bold, trade all your starters for closers and upgraded bats.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
        depending on your innings limit, if all you need is to win 6-4 or whatever, you might want to run a lot of closers/MRs and try to win ERA/Ratio/SV and not worry about wins and Ks.
        But he likely has good starting pitchers, if he's gotten this far.

You probably need to wait and see who your opponent is, then adjust your staff accordingly that week -- especially when it comes to closers.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
          But he likely has good starting pitchers, if he's gotten this far.
          oh, sure. It's entirely possible that the correct strategy is not to trade and just tweak the lineup. But it's also possible that he can do something like (picking names out of the air) Darvish and Zimmerman for GHolland and MCabrera.
          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

During the year I always start all my pitchers. When playoffs come around I may sit someone like Samardzija waiting for my Kershaw/Verlander/Felix starts. Hopefully my good guys go early in the week and if they do well I definitely sit my mid-range starters and if they do poorly I can start the mid-range guys and hope they pull my stats up. For batters I usually start the same every day but if you have a weak spot you can try to match up with your opponent. My 2b is a weak spot so if I play a team with poor SB I will put in my 2b that isn't overly good but steals bases and hopefully win 3-2 or at least get a tie. If my opponent is a good SB team I will sit my SB guy for my slightly better hitter as I don't care if I lose a category 8-0 or 8-3.

Comment

oh, you can make daily changes? I'm sure that changes things also.

Comment

Working...
              X