Homer Bailey is so inconsistent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homer Bailey is so inconsistent

On any given day he can pitch a no hitter or have double digit k's or pitch batting practice.
    12 games with 2 er or less
    9 games with 4 er or more
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

But at least he got my fantasy team a W, even with his bad game today!

With the exception of today, he has pitched alot better at home which has helped in streaming him and avoiding some of those inconsistencies.

Comment

yep - some days the good one shows up - some days the bad

Comment

So...in 21 of 22 starts he doesn't have 3 earned runs. Woo...earth shattering news.
        Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

if it's a more meaningful stat (I'm honestly not sure if it is), he only has two starts with an ERA above 3 and below 6.
          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
            if it's a more meaningful stat (I'm honestly not sure if it is), he only has two starts with an ERA above 3 and below 6.
            Thanks. That's what i was getting at. It seems like he hardly ever has a mediocre start. It's usually either very good or very bad.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
              Thanks. That's what i was getting at. It seems like he hardly ever has a mediocre start. It's usually either very good or very bad.
              True, but overall he does seem to be improving. IMO he's a classic example of a pitcher who was rushed to the bigs because he was a top draft choice but wasn't really ready, then given chance after chance for the same reason, that the front office had invested so much of their hype in him that they were going to keep him up no matter what. Four or five years after he anointed as a savior of the pitching staff (along with Cueto), he seems to have taken root as a decent #2-3 SP.

What I like about him is that he has absolutely no flash to him. Keeps his mouth shut and does his job, doesn't make excuses when he's off or shout about it when he's on.

I just wish he wasn't a Red...
              Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
              -- William James

Comment

Working...
              X