Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What closer (NL) do you like better for next year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What closer (NL) do you like better for next year?

Mujica -2B can extend at $5 per year.

or

Parnell 1B can extend at $5 per year.

Mujica has looked great, but do we know with 100% certainty he is their closer next year? It seems very likely, but if they keep Rosenthal in the bullpen, he has looked amazing. Parnell is a solid, safer option, I think, if you have to decide now.

Comment

Parnell's neck thing is just a little scary. I don't love either, but if I had to pick I'd take Mujica. I think Rosey ends up in the rotation next year and maybe C-Mart takes his 8th inning role.

Comment

Parnell just landed on the DL, fyi.
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
          Parnell just landed on the DL, fyi.
          Thank you. And thanks to all who responded.

My trading partner (who has Parnell) just sent me an email informing me of the same. I was just going to pull the trigger, but now need to decline.
          He is a class act.

Comment

I also received a trade offer involving Parnell. Since I'm dumping (or trying to do so), Parnell's current status is not a big issue. The question is whether there's a chance of this becoming a chronic issue.
            Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
            -- William James

Comment

Yeah, I was assuming this was for next year only. Even before the DL trip, Mujica was the clear choice for the rest of this year. I guess the neck injury is a concern...I was just looking at job security. While Parnell has focused on pitching to more contact, so his K rate is down, he has been effective, and I am not aware of any other options for the Mets in 2014.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                Yeah, I was assuming this was for next year only. Even before the DL trip, Mujica was the clear choice for the rest of this year. I guess the neck injury is a concern...I was just looking at job security. While Parnell has focused on pitching to more contact, so his K rate is down, he has been effective, and I am not aware of any other options for the Mets in 2014.
                Jack Leathersich(seriously look at his numbers this year) could be next in line if Parnell's neck becomes a real issue. They are already talking about surgery being a possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by Roto Rooter View Post
                  Jack Leathersich(seriously look at his numbers this year) could be next in line if Parnell's neck becomes a real issue. They are already talking about surgery being a possibility.
                  Look at Clay Buchholz this year. Yeah there's only a 5-10 chance (right now) that this lingers into next year for Parnell, but it's a non-zero chance.

Comment

Working...
                  X