Harper vs Myers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harper vs Myers

5x5 mixed. Harper for 2014 or Myers for 2014 & 2015? No salaries.

That is a tough one. Depends on who you'd end up keeping in 2015 instead of Myers. If this is a shallow mixed league (under 14 teams) or you don't have a lot of keeper spots (less than 10), and by default, the keeper is very likely to be a good one, I say Harper. If this is a deep mixed league and you have a lot of keeper spots, and the difference is between someone Myers and some scrub, keep Myers.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      That is a tough one. Depends on who you'd end up keeping in 2015 instead of Myers. If this isn't a deep league (16-20 teams) or you don't have a lot of keeper spots (less than 10), and by default, the keeper is very likely to be a good one, I say Harper. If this is a deep mixed league and you have a lot of keeper spots, and the difference is between someone Myers and some scrub, keep Myers.
      12-teamer with 4 keepers, one of which has to be a pitcher.

Comment

Originally posted by Flyman View Post
        12-teamer with 4 keepers, one of which has to be a pitcher.
        With so few keepers, I have to believe you will have 3 very good bats to keep for 2015, so I'd keep Harper, who I think will be a bit better than Myers in 2014. It isn't fair to compare one year of Harper vs 2 of Myers. You have to pair one year of Harper and one year of, I don't know, Freddie Freeman? Whoever you end up keeping in 2015. You are bound to have a pretty good option.

Comment

Harper was my thinking but I wanted to make sure. I kinda expect Harper to explode in 2014.

Comment

I wish I had to make such a choice.
            Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
            -- William James

Comment

Thank god I've got both for a total of $7 next year and don't have to make this choice.

I'm going to be the odd man out and say Myers here. Why? Because he's likely going to be hitting 3-4th in Tampa all year behind Jennings and Longoria. The Nationals don't seem to have a clue when it comes to actually playing baseball despite the amount of talent on the team. If Harper continues to hit lead off I expect disappointing numbers in the RBI category.

Comment

Working...
              X