Danny Salazar getting called up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danny Salazar getting called up

The 23 year old will start Wednesday for Cleveland against Detroit. He looked good in his big league debut July 11 when he pitched 6 innings of one run ball while striking out seven and walking just one for the win against Toronto.

Salazar has been dominating AAA recently with 5 perfect innings along with 8 k's in his last start. He's been on a pitch count all year after TJ surgery in 2010 and 87.2 ip in 2012. The start before last he had 11 k's in 5 scoreless innings and has only given up 2 er in his last 30 minor league ip to go along with 40k & 5 bb.

His 2013 minor league numbers (33.2 ip AA):
    93 ip
    129/24 k/bb
    2.71 era
    1.02 whip
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Kluber to the DL frees up a rotation spot for now.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

The best hitter in baseball keeps Salazar from getting the win. But not until after he struck out in his first 3 ab. Great control for a guy with a 99 mph fastball with only 1 bb to go with his 10 k's and 73 of 103 pitches for strikes.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Dude is a star as far as I'm concerned. He may eventually break down (you can tell the Tribe are worried about his arm), but I'd ride him as hard as I could in the interim. He's got dynamite stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodhizefa View Post
          Dude is a star as far as I'm concerned. He may eventually break down (you can tell the Tribe are worried about his arm), but I'd ride him as hard as I could in the interim. He's got dynamite stuff.
          With TJ surgery behind him (2010) and after 87 ip in 2012 and then 105 ip so far this year, shouldn't he be less of an injury risk now?

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
            With TJ surgery behind him (2010) and after 87 ip in 2012 and then 105 ip so far this year, shouldn't he be less of an injury risk now?
            Yeah, but the Tribe have treated him with ultra kid gloves and every scouting report I've read has said they're concerned about his frame. Of course, they all said the same thing about Chris Sale, and he's fine so far, too. In any case, if the Indians are worried about his durability, it worries me as far as inning limits are concerned for fantasy purposes. That's my main concern with him at this point, especially for this year. But I honestly really like the kid and think he's got some dynamite stuff. He's one of the least talked about top arms that I know of in recent memory, and he deserves far more press than he's getting. But I suppose that's great for fantasy owners.

Comment

Salazar gets the quick hook in start #3 tonight after just 4 ip and 71 pitches. He only gave up 3 hits, but they all scored on 2 hr. Looked like he was settling down after the 2nd hr when he k'd 3 in a row and retired 6 in a row. But, then he walked the bases full with his only walks of the night in the 4th before escaping with no further damage. Totals 4ip, 3er, 3h, 3bb, 5k. Just your typical rookie growing pains i guess.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
              X