Trading for Miggy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trading for Miggy

I have been offered Miguel Cabrera, Tim Lincecum, and Tyler Glasnow for Ryan Zimmerman, Jose Ferandez, and Addision Russell. Everyone is an expiring contract, expect Jose, who can be kept for $5 next year and extended at $4 per year after that (with 15 keepers, and a $400 cap, cheap studs represent huge, huge values; Miggy expiring contract is $80, for instance). My initial reaction is to reject it, because of the huge keeper value that Jose represents, but getting Miggy is tempting, and I worry that Jose inning limit will end up hurting me.

Flags fly forever. If you can win this year, do it. It is a huge price so you'd better be sure, since it sounds like this guy will have a cheap Fernandez for his whole career. Miggy is a little dinged up but should still be a nice value over Zimmerman. Fernandez doesn't have that many starts left. Maybe Timmah will be useful.

Can you take out the prospect swap though? I like Russell more than Glasnow.

Comment

Yeah, I like Russell too...he is essential for the deal. I am pretty stacked at MIF, so I can take losing Russell. I have Franklin, Miller, Profar up now, with Lindor still in my minors. It is a tough call. I'm always paranoid trading a lot for just one player, because I've had that one player get hurt when I've done this in the past. His recent minor dings aside though, Cabrera has been a very healthy, reliable player.

Comment

Working...
      X