Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gotta accept it...right?

12-team NL-only 5x5 (OBP) keeper league

The last place team has been after my Archie Bradley for a while now, but since I'm not in contention myself, I keep turning him down. He's since moved onto my $5 Noah Syndergaard and is offering this package:

Jordan Zimmerman ($15/1 year left on contract)
    Tyler Skaggs ($5/1)
    Cameron Maybin ($20/2)
    Brian Goodwin ($3/2 - won't start until he gets called up)

I would also throw in (as he calls it) my two crappiest pitchers which would probably be Blake Parker and Dale Thayer although Jonathan Pettibone is making a case as well.

I already have Archie Bradley ($3) and Matt Davidson ($1) who I'm hoping to keep going into next year, so keeping Syndergaard would be a bit much anyway. Zimmerman can't be kept past next year and I doubt I would extend Skaggs, but it's a good enough haul for a non-stud pitching prospect, right?

Yeah, you are getting Skaggs too. Nice.

Comment

Yes take it
      Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

absolutely take it

Comment

If you haven't taken it yet, leave now and take it before he comes to his senses.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Just got back from a work trip and luckily he hadn't retracted.

His original fascination with Archie Bradley had me a bit worried since I really didn't want to trade him, but while Noah's an excellent prospect, he's still not a can't-miss so I'll take a couple solid keepers for that.

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
              Just got back from a work trip and luckily he hadn't retracted.

His original fascination with Archie Bradley had me a bit worried since I really didn't want to trade him, but while Noah's an excellent prospect, he's still not a can't-miss so I'll take a couple solid keepers for that.
              I assume that you mean Zimmermann and Skaggs. As I have learned from experience, Maybin is not a solid keeper.
              Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
              -- William James

Comment

Working...
              X