Which C for the rest of the year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which C for the rest of the year?

Need to replace Yadi for the time being and then keep this C as a backup in case Yadi stays hurt for too long. 5x5 league + OPS

How would you rate the following catchers for the next few weeks:

Wellington Castillo
    Wilson Ramos
    AJ Pierzynski
    Evan Gattis
    Yan Gomes

1. Gattis--Hits when he plays, and Fredi finds ways to get him in the lineup.
    2. Pierzynski--Leaving his personality aside, the guy hits well enough for a catcher. Classic late-career power. At worst, he won't hurt you.
    ---------------------------------
    The others
    Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
    -- William James

Comment

One sleeper that's just heated up is Alex Avila. With today, he'll have 2 HR and 3 doubles in eight games. And in the past he's always had a plus OBP.
      people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Gomes is killing it. Will he get enough PT? Is his success more sustainable than Gattis?

I think a lot of these guys are similar. I'd probably go Gattis.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
          Gomes is killing it. Will he get enough PT? Is his success more sustainable than Gattis?

I think a lot of these guys are similar. I'd probably go Gattis.
          Thanks guys - will likely roll with Gattis for now and just play the hot hand as much as I can

Comment

https://www.google.com/search?q=el+o...w=1280&bih=659

Comment

Agree on Gattis. He's putting up better HR/RBI stats than most catchers even though he has less ABs. Plus, his low AVG will be less of a hit to your team AVG if he gets the extra days off. He also offers some positional flexibility with his outfield eligibility if you get Molina back or acquire another catcher.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
              X