Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ian Kennedy to the Padres

for Joe Thatcher and two others.

I like it for the Padres. IPK should be able to pitch in Petco.

Probably good for the D-Backs too if they really had no use for Kennedy.

Comment

great news for those who just added RDelgado in time for his last start - a 3-hit shutout!

in the rotation he stays
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Perhaps I'm missing something, but it seems to me that Arizona is not particularly adept at trading lately.
        Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
        -- William James

Comment

As if eldiablo needed another reason to hate the Padres

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
            Perhaps I'm missing something, but it seems to me that Arizona is not particularly adept at trading lately.
            Why?

Bauer for Gregorius has worked out well
            Upton has remained the same malcontent he was with Arizona
            I like Stites for them long term & Thatcher fills a short term need. It wasn't long ago that IPK was being considered a non-tender candidate after this season.

Comment

not doubting you, but what are the bad deals?
              Upton is down to an expensive 115 OPS+ OF, and Chris Johnson is a mid-level player who is 65 pts over his head in AVG. So yes, great for Braves there so far, but he'll never sniff that AVG again.
              Prado is now becoming Prado again, and Delgado intrigues.

DBacks will be paying Prado $11M next few years, vs $14.5M for Upton.

not exactly Brock for Broglio territory, especially longterm
              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                Why?

Bauer for Gregorius has worked out well
                Upton has remained the same malcontent he was with Arizona
                I like Stites for them long term & Thatcher fills a short term need. It wasn't long ago that IPK was being considered a non-tender candidate after this season.
                I think if we were talking a 2013 roto redraft league one could defend Gregorious for Bauer, but not in real life...Bauer remains a much, much more valuable asset. I also think Upton is not a very easy trade to defend---Prado has been worse, and projects to be worse going forward, too. Chris Johnson was also in the deal and has also been better than Prado. Delgado has been solid and remains interesting but this deal right now is a clear loss that may or may not look even worse later on.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                  Swapping Kennedy for a LOOGY and a relief prospect is laughably bad. Perhaps they know something that I don't but I'm glad to see them undermine themselves yet again.
                  The Comp B pick is likely the most valuable piece they received in that trade.
                  "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Working...
                  X