Help Deciding Between Two Trades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Deciding Between Two Trades

In my 12 team 5x5 NL only keeper league I am going for it and looking to improve my offense.

I was offered the following deal:

I receive Beltran (can't be kept), Holliday $35A, Scutaro $11B and Travis Wood (can't be kept) for Todd Frazier $1B (extension option next year), two crappy outfielders, David Hernandez (can't be kept) and Travis d'Arnaud $10M.

I made this offer:

I receive Prado $26A, Daniel Murphy (can't be kept), Ethier $23A, Venable $19A, M Byrd $10A for Frazier $1B, lots of junk, Travis d'Arnaud and a second round draft pick next year as well as this owners third round draft pick next year (this will be a early third round pick). Naturally, he said he wanted more and did not want the picks as asked for Javier Baez $10M to be thrown into the mix. My pitching categories are where I can really gain but I already traded for Cain and Latos so I'm hoping they will help me there.

So really the question is, does adding Baez make it worth it to get the extra players from the second deal? There is a slight catch here, I am doing very well in the hitting categories and can only gain about five more points (though obtaining all of them are unlikely). If I don't make a deal I will lose points in hitting categories. So I need to make a deal as I have about five dead spots. But I don't think I need to give up Baez to improve my offense that much. Another question, which players do you like better here? Perhaps I ask the second team what he'd give me for Frazier and d'Arnaud and see if I like that better than the first teams offer.

So have at it, what do you guys think?
    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

I like the first deal better, personally. Venable and Byrd are mediocre, Ethier's pretty average these days (and could end up being traded). Prado and Murphy are useful pieces, but I'd rather take Beltran and Holliday.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
      I agree with Overkill.
      So do I, but with one exception. I don't see the Dodgers trading Ethier, considering the repeated health issues of Kemp and Crawford.
      Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
      -- William James

Comment

Another vote for accepting the first deal. Thenmaybe see what extra parts you can get from the other guy for Baez.

Comment

Thanks guys.

Yeah, I'm sure I can get a decent haul for Baez. What I want to try to do is substitute Frazier for a draft pick in the first deal (and maybe take out Travis Wood - I already have 6 starters) and then try get some players from the second guy for Frazier.

Also, does anything think that Hernandez has a chance at saves anymore in Arizona?
          I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

I too like the first deal better
            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Working...
            X