Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do I take any of these offers? If so which? Am I panicking needlessly here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I take any of these offers? If so which? Am I panicking needlessly here?

12T mixed 7x7 roto keeper. Extra cats are H and OPS x L and HR allowed.

Our keeper system is based on contract years (CY) and the higher you finish the fewer you earn. 1CY buys 1 keeper year for a veteran player. I should either win this year or finish close enough to have the minimum (11) CY to spend next year. Some teams will have as many as many as 16 to 18CY. When a player's contract expires he becomes a restricted free agents (RFA). We bid on those guys over the winter, their owner holding matching rights. You spend your allotted CY in 3 ways; paying carryover obligations on multi year contracts, attempting to takeover others RFA or matching the high bid on your own RFA, and by awarding contracts to any unsigned players you hold prior to our draft (analogous to naming final keepers in many leagues). This system guarantees plenty of year round trade activity and turn over in the standings BUT it very much makes ours a league that you typically have to work a 2 or 3 year plan to win.

This is my year. I acquired and then moved much of my future to set up my chase. The plan was going swimmingly until July rolled around. Since, my 41 point lead is down to 9.5 so I am debating trading off one of my dominant arms to try and flip the only two point swing cats I see doable with the guy chasing me down; AVG and OPS. He has me by 0.003 in Avg and 0.008 in OPS. The bad, I lead him by just 0.01 in WHIP.

My roster and keeper status next year (typical starters in CAPS)
    C (1) NAPOLI-RFA, Sal Perez-unsigned
    1B(1) FIELDER-RFA, Morales-uns, Napoli
    2B(1) KENDRICK-uns, Lawrie-RFA, Rendon-uns
    3B(1) WRIGHT-RFA, Lawrie and Rendon
    SS(1) TULO-2CY, Peralta-uns
    OF(3) JUPTON-1CY, HARPER-uns, GORDON-uns, AJax-RFA, Werth-uns, Brantley-uns, Nava-uns
    U (2) AJAX, MORALES, Werth, daily start league with no GP caps so all my bats get in sometimes

SP(5) STRASBURG-1CY, WAINO-RFA, LEE-RFA, GREINKE-1CY, RYU-uns, Parker-uns, Leake-uns, Niese-uns, Smyley-uns, daily start 1000-1500 IP slot, I'm at 990
    RP(3) KIMBRAL-RFA, HOLLAND-RFA, BALFOUR-uns

Yesterday, I just advertised my SP on the block and the best offers I have (none with my competitor) are:
    A) STRASBURG-1CY + Werth-uns for KEMP-1CY+ HOSMER-uns
    B) STRASBURG-1CY for STANTON-1CY
    C) GREINKE-1CY for HOLLIDAY-RFA (I'm trying to work it for Craig-RFA instead)
    I also believe from email discussions that I could get:
    D) LEE-RFA + RENDON-uns for HEYWARD-1CY (carryover contracts are binding, I'd have to pay him even if he struggles)

Do I do any of these? Should I stand pat? I'm sitting on 1st place still and my staff ERA is 2.92, 2nd place 3.22, so I thought I might trade from excess, but I'm a little underwhelmed.
    Last edited by ; 07-30-2013, 02:47 PM. Reason: bolded the offers

A) no, not until Kemp comes back healthy, and Werth has been quite good lately so Werth -> Hosmer may not do all that much for you
    B) seems reasonable although it probably doesn't help you in AVG, so it may not be worth doing.
    C) seems reasonable, might help in both cats if Holliday starts hitting again
    D) ugh no
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

I'd do the Stras-Stanton deal. I think Greinke outpitches Stras down the stretch, and while I do think Holliday is healthy, I still like Stanton better.

No, no, a million times no on trading anything of value for Kemp. And if that's Cliff Lee, no on D too.

Comment

I'd take B) and pass on the other three. If you can get Craig in deal C, maybe so, but I still like B better.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Thank you for your help but man what a difference a couple days AND A COUPLE DUMP TRADES can make. I'm up a couple points more and got the owner in offer C to hit my needs better by sending me ADRIAN GONZALEZ-2CY versus HOLLIDAY-RFA for my GREINKE-1CY. He said he was 90% he was going to accept after he returns from the LAD/NYY game tonight. I was feeling SO good just a couple hours ago. Since then the guy chasing me down somehow made the following two swaps:
          He gets (Dump #1) SALE-RFA, TORII HUNTER-uns and LUCROY-uns for OSCAR TAVERAS and TAIJUAN WALKER (both eligible free rook keeps) we get 2 each and (DUMP #2) He gets PEDRO ALVAREZ for GERRIT COLE (rook). These hit the holes in his roster to a tee. I'm unsure what to do now, I may yank my Greinke/AGonz trade down though I hate to do that to a good friend headed to a ballgame assuming it's there for him later. Also I was just sent a sweeter offer for deal A above; his owner added AROLDIS-RFA to KEMP-1CY, HOSMER-uns for my STRASBURG-1CY and WERTH-uns.
          What to do?

Comment

Working...
          X