sigh, dumping adviceR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sigh, dumping adviceR

12-team mixed. I spent over $200 on my offense, including having Cespedes and Craig and Howard and Castro at low keeper prices, and for that I have 23.5 points out of a possible 60 in hitting categories going into August. Zobrist and Melky have been mediocre, Reyes was hurt a lot, etc.

Anyway. I think I have to dump. My team would have to go on a ridiculous offense tear to make it into the top 4.

We only keep 6 players and salaries go up $5/year. I don't have a ton of great candidates right now. Which of the following should be in my top 6?

Gattis $1
    WRamos $1
    Craig $8
    Reyes $28
    Napoli $17
    Cespedes $7
    Crisp $9
    Adams $1
    Kluber $1
    Kazmir $1
    Harvey $6
    Samardzija $8
    Darvish $25

Which of these should I care about trading for?

Buchholz $5
    Ellsbury $27
    AnSanchez $9
    Archer $1
    McCann $7
    MCarpenter $5
    ECabrera $2
    Bailey $5

(There are other good players I can go after, these are the ones I have to think about.)

I tend to avoid keeping pitchers if I can help it but maybe some of those are interesting.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

I would be keeping Harvey, Darvish, Craig, Cespedes. Does Gattis get a full time job? Does Adams? Too early to tell. None of those guys on your target list are must haves, but I'd be most interested in Carpenter and Ellsbury and Archer. I think in a 12-team mixed you need some studs which is why I don't mind paying for Ellsbury or Darvish. Let's see what happens with Everth and Biogenesis before you trade for him.

Comment

The Braves' options for next year at catcher are Gattis at league minimum or to pay McCann $15M/year for four or five years. Gattis will have the job, and even if he doesn't, like this year, he might end up with good numbers for a catcher anyway. To me, Harvey and Craig are the no-brainers. A lot of guys are close after that.

Comment

Working...
      X