Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jose Veras traded to Detroit

for outfielder Danry Vasquez per Ken Rosenthal

press release quotes Dave Dombrowski saying Veras complements the roles of Benoit, Smyly. So Benoit remains the closer.

I guess Cisnero has a slight edge over Ambriz? They've all been terrible. We all thought Fields but he's been the worst of the bunch.

And no, I don't think Veras closes in DET.

Comment

great return for a player who has almost no value before being made the closer.

Comment

I'm holding on to Veras for a while.
        Since Leyland gave Valverde the closer's job for a month and a half instead of using Benoit, I like Veras' chances of getting the job within a week or two.

Comment

Come on Cisnero, I want that $1 closer hat trick!! (with Uehara & Ziegler).
          people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Rotoworld is saying The Tigers will also send a player to be named later to Houston.
            Its not what you've got. Its what you give.
            Its not the life you choose. Its the life you live--TESLA

Princess Kate-Kate Marie Hrischuk 9/12/00-1/27/07

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
              Looks like my stats were slightly out of date and that Vasquez is holding his own fairly well against older competition. Still hasn't really broken out at all but hasn't embarrassed himself, either.

Good haul for the Stros, as is apparently becoming the norm for them. Clearly hiring that Mike Fast guy has turned the organization around.
              I was at the Jays-Astros game yesterday, down the first base line row 1, and all the players wanted to talk about was how close their team MVP race is - Norris, Altuve, & Fast.
              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

#Astros' Luhnow said it's Porter's decision for closer post-Veras. But Luhnow expects several pitchers will get a tryout.
                "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Interestingly, the Astros sent down Ambriz and called up Zeid. So if you really, really need to go deep, maybe Zeid is 2nd in line.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                    Clearly hiring that Mike Fast guy has turned the organization around.
                    #1 reason in my only moderately biased view.
                    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                    X