Another Braun dynasty league trade offer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Braun dynasty league trade offer

I have Braun in a 20 team H2H Dynasty League (7x7 league). We keep 6 players every year. We can trade draft picks, etc.

I have been offered:
    JUSTIN VERLANDER, DUSTIN PEDROIA AND A 20TH ROUND PICK FOR RYAN BRAUN, MARLON BYRD, AND MY 10TH ROUND PICK.

The 7th round is where the draft starts after the keepers, so essentially this is me giving up a 4th round pick. I already dealt away my 9th round pick in another deal earlier this season.

After the season, I will be keeping 6 of the guys listed below:

1B: Votto
    3B: Beltre
    OF: Trout

SP: Zimmerman
    SP: Hamels
    SP: Buccholz
    RP: Jansen

Could also get Jayson Werth, Ian Kinsler, and Gattis for Braun, Weeks, and Mesoraco

I don't want to just dump him, but afraid of what he is "post-roids"

Seems like a pretty good haul to me to get both Verlander and Pedroia (in a scarce position like 2B for a deep league like this.

I would then have Verlander and one of Hamels/Zimmerman/Jansen for my pitching keepers along with Pedroia, Votto, Beltre, Trout

Do I do this deal or just hang on to Braun?

I am trying to win the league this year too, just to keep that in mind!

Rest of my team:

C: Pierzynski/Mesoraco
    2B: Beckham/Weeks
    SS: Peralta
    OF: Marlon Byrd
    OF: Josh Reddick
    OF: Denard Span
    OF: Trevor Plouffe

SP: Homer Bailey/Jake Peavy/Buccholz/Villaneuva/Gaudin
    RP: Reed/Jansen, Cotts/Thayer (for holds, 1 of the 7x7 categories)
    Last edited by ; 07-28-2013, 10:22 PM.

Verlander's been terrible, so not sure he's going to help you this year unless he turns it around big time. Pedroia is a help for this year and next, but is that package worth Braun, starting fresh? I dunno, Verlander may do more harm than good this year for you.

What else you got?

Comment

Don't have much else other than the Kinsler offer above. I want to win this year, but my team has been inconsistent, and if I can get some top keepers lined up for next year, that is fine by me.

Most people aren't willing to give me fair value for Braun (for obvious reasons). I've gotten offers like Braun/Hamels for Cespedes.

I also got offered Rizzo and a 7th round pick and maybe a 10th round pick, which could end up being the #1 pick after keepers next year with his team being in last place. I already have Votto though, so this doesn't really help me next year except for having some extra lower round picks after keepers.

Comment

You don't list Braun as one of your potential keepers. Votto/Beltre/Trout are three strong hitter-keepers, would you also keep Braun, who I put below those three. If so, can you keep only two of those pitchers, or would you really, really want three.

Essentially I'm asking: Will you keep Braun next year if you don't trade him, or drop him back in the draft? I'd take my chances with Verlander next year as a keeper for sure, and Pedroia looks like a heckuva keeper also...the Red Sox sure think so.

If you don't think you'll keep Braun anyway, why not do the Pedroia/Verlander trade, and hope that Verlander can turn it around a bit.
        Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Pogues View Post
          You don't list Braun as one of your potential keepers. Votto/Beltre/Trout are three strong hitter-keepers, would you also keep Braun, who I put below those three. If so, can you keep only two of those pitchers, or would you really, really want three.

Essentially I'm asking: Will you keep Braun next year if you don't trade him, or drop him back in the draft? I'd take my chances with Verlander next year as a keeper for sure, and Pedroia looks like a heckuva keeper also...the Red Sox sure think so.

If you don't think you'll keep Braun anyway, why not do the Pedroia/Verlander trade, and hope that Verlander can turn it around a bit.
          Yes I most definitely would be keeping Braun over any pitcher. My hitting keepers would be beltre, votto, trout, and Braun. Would then keep Zimmerman and hamels for pitching if I didn't make this trade

Comment

I'd do that deal in a second, I have way more faith in Verlander next year than I do in Braun, and maybe he'll even help you this year. Pedroia is a nice piece too and would probably be a keeper over your closers. Going in next year with JV, Pedey, Beltre/Votto/Trout and one of Zimm/Hamels would be pretty sweet.

Comment

Working...
            X