Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rate this dump trade

12 team AL only 5x5 w/obp salary cap at $340 roto keeper

Team A in 6th place at the time trades B.Cecil $5 2015, Profar $5 2014, Tillman $2 2014 and L.Martin $10 2014
    to
    Team B (throwing in towel) for Encarnacion $20 2013, N.Cruz $32 2015, J.Peralta $10 2013 and D.Price $13 2013

This was trade done at the end of June. Team B did not go to anyone else for offers.

Team A is now in 2nd and 4 points out of over taking 1st

Fair trade at that point of the season, also figuring their prices and league salary cap?

Originally posted by price View Post
    12 team AL only 5x5 w/obp salary cap at $340 roto keeper

Team A in 6th place at the time trades B.Cecil $5 2015, Profar $5 2014, Tillman $2 2014 and L.Martin $10 2014
    to
    Team B (throwing in towel) for Encarnacion $20 2013, N.Cruz $32 2015, J.Peralta $10 2013 and D.Price $13 2013

This was trade done at the end of June. Team B did not go to anyone else for offers.

Team A is now in 2nd and 4 points out of over taking 1st

Fair trade at that point of the season, also figuring their prices and league salary cap?
    That seems like a pretty bad trade. Giving up 3 studs and a solid player for 2 very good keepers a somewhat questionable keeper (Martin) and a non-keeper (Cecil). However, not a trade that should be vetoed since it does make some sense. I note that Price was hurt at the time and Cruz and Peralta are both Biogenesis players. Would be fairer if Cecil and Encarnacion were left out.

Comment

Originally posted by rhd View Post
      That seems like a pretty bad trade. Giving up 3 studs and a solid player for 2 very good keepers a somewhat questionable keeper (Martin) and a non-keeper (Cecil). However, not a trade that should be vetoed since it does make some sense. I note that Price was hurt at the time and Cruz and Peralta are both Biogenesis players. Would be fairer if Cecil and Encarnacion were left out.
      Agreed.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
      Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
      Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

I don't have an issue with it since Profar was/is the highest rated minor leaguer available at the time, Tillman is a very serviceable starter at a nice price, and Martin is having a breakout season with 20 steal so far and some power potential. I'd say that he accomplished what he wanted and set himself with a good start for next season. Other than Cruz who you most likely wouldn't keep at 32 bucks, all players dealt are expiring contracts...
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by rhd View Post
          In a 12 team AL only a $10 Martin is not a questionable keeper, he is a good value no brainer keeper.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            In a 12 team AL only a $10 Martin is not a questionable keeper, he is a good value no brainer keeper.
            Based on what he's done so far, yes he's a definite keeper. But he hasnt played a full year yet, so it is a question whether he can keep performing at this level. He also would seem to be in at least a potential platoon situation. He has a .516 OPS against LHP, while his part-time platoon partner Gentry has a .778 OPS against LHP. I dont know what the Rangers will do in the future, but they would seem to have a very good platoon w Martin and Gentry, as they both appear to be good defensive CFers. Martin does seem to be playing most every day these days, and sometimes they have them both in the lineup. That may change if they trade for Rios or someone else and by next year they'll have to make room for Profar somewhere so either he or Kinsler will be moving to the OF. Also, Martin's BABIP is on the high side at .349. So there is some uncertainty there w Martin, which was why I said he was somewhat questionable. But you're right, based on his current performance and situation, he's a definite keeper.

Comment

This trade just went down
              Team A gets Beckham $13 2015, Albequerqe $4 2014, Darvish $12 2016, Perzinski $5 2014 and 2nd rnd reserve pick
              Team B gets Kinsler, Fielder, Napoli, J.Shields,(none of those 4 are keepers), Santana $10 2015 and Rodney $1 2014

Comment

that is a lot for just mostly Darvish - but if that is what the market will bear - there shouldnt be too many buyers this late in the season

we have one owner looking to deal Tulo right now for a huge package - the buying teams have mostly given up their huge prospects by now so it is a stalemate

Comment

Working...
                X