Salary Cap Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salary Cap Issues

A new $160 floor / $310 ceiling for active rosters, implemented to limit large dump deals, have become an issue for me after making the biggest trade in the league so far.

Garza and Soriano can be FAABed Sunday night. In the past, the bottom feeders would blow their load and flip NL crossovers to a contending team. However, this year, an $80+ will render those players unrosterable.

I have $55 left and don't think there is much else to save it for. I'm in 4th and if a contending team got Soriano it would hurt me. I could play this two ways:

1) Put in a high but reasonable bid ($20-25) so I could still use the player, but would have to bench an expensive player ($21 Markakis, $21 Kendrick, $19 de Aza, $27 Altuve, $18 Lester - I need power and ratios).

2) Bid $35-40 to block other teams, and bench him. Another team could bid 50-60 and still roster him.

What would you do?
    Last edited by virgonomic; 07-27-2013, 10:34 AM.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

If you think that you can still get a shot at the title, I'd shoot the moon and bench him if necessary. Prevent defense is almost as good as adding a player to your active roster, and he's good depth if anyone gets hurt.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
      If you think that you can still get a shot at the title, I'd shoot the moon and bench him if necessary. Prevent defense is almost as good as adding a player to your active roster, and he's good depth if anyone gets hurt.
      Different game, but look how often the "prevent defense" has prevented victory.
      Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
      -- William James

Comment

I'd shoot the moon unless someone else comes over before the deadline. Worst case you have depth.

Comment

Soriano 43 and Garza 68 were the FAAB results. Both are on $5 contracts this year, so my plan was flawed. Garza went to a dumper, Soriano to a contender. Oh well.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
          Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
          Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Working...
          X