Gee or Hefner or Edwin Jackson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gee or Hefner or Edwin Jackson?

Whoever I acquire would be a spot starter in my weekly transaction league; I wouldn't need to start him against the better offensive teams/hitters parks.

Gee: 117 IP, 4.07 ERA, 1.40 WHIP, 92 K, 35 BB, 14 HRA

Hefner: 114 IP, 4.17 ERA, 1.23 WHIP, 88 K, 29 BB, 19 HRA

Jackson: 107 IP, 5.03 ERA, 1.41 WHIP, 92 K, 38 BB, 9 HRA
    Gee
    0%
    Hefner
    0%
    Jackson
    0%

The poll is expired.

Is there an option for other? Of those three, Jackson has the most talent, so I guess I'd go with him, but if those guys are out there, there have to be a few more to chose from, no?

Comment

I would take Gee. But check with me to see if I am starting him. I think his ERA for my team is about 6.00 when I start him, 2.00 when I sit him.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
        Is there an option for other? Of those three, Jackson has the most talent, so I guess I'd go with him, but if those guys are out there, there have to be a few more to chose from, no?
        Not really as the dumping occurred early in this league; one team has these three guys that he has offered up. Yeah there's a chance that a random Padres middle reliever from the free agent pool would be better for my team. I lost Hudson to injury so have an empty slot.

Comment

Of those 3 I would go with Gee. He pitched a gem the day I dropped him.

I don't think Jackson is done pitching poorly.

Comment

Hefner pitched awesome in June and part of July, but then he remembered he's Jeremy Hefner and has returned to the miserable shit stain that he is.

Gee is serviceable.

Comment

Originally posted by Roto Rooter View Post
              Hefner pitched awesome in June and part of July, but then he remembered he's Jeremy Hefner and has returned to the miserable shit stain that he is.
              Wow. How do you really feel?

Not that I disagree, but I lack your gift for a turn of phrase.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                Of those 3 I would go with Gee. He pitched a gem the day I dropped him.
                did you miss the 12 K against the Yankees, too, just like me?
                I got him back 3 starts - and 3 wins - later.
                Check Gee's game-by-game results, note when he faces the Phillies, and you'll feel good about him.

same for Hefner, oddly eonugh.
                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                  did you miss the 12 K against the Yankees, too, just like me?
                  I got him back 3 starts - and 3 wins - later.
                  Check Gee's game-by-game results, note when he faces the Phillies, and you'll feel good about him.

same for Hefner, oddly eonugh.
                  Yep, dropped him, someone picked him up and traded him to the first place team.

Comment

Originally posted by james33 View Post
                    Not really as the dumping occurred early in this league; one team has these three guys that he has offered up. Yeah there's a chance that a random Padres middle reliever from the free agent pool would be better for my team. I lost Hudson to injury so have an empty slot.
                    Oh, okay. I thought those guys were on the wire. Understood. The random middle reliever may be better, hard to say. I am guessing Wood is long gone in this situation?

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                      I am guessing Wood is long gone in this situation?
                      Good idea, but yes, long gone. I believe the only starting pitching available for FAAB Sunday night are Koehler from the Marlins (no thanks), Rusin from Cubs and Reynolds from the Reds (both with bad K/IP numbers in AAA this year, so I'm staying away), and O'Sullivan from the Padres, who might be no worse than the guys I posted in the poll.

Comment

Good idea, but yes, long gone. I believe the only starting pitching available for FAAB Sunday night are Koehler from the Marlins (no thanks), Rusin from Cubs and Reynolds from the Reds (both with bad K/IP numbers in AAA this year, so I'm staying away), and O'Sullivan from the Padres, who might be no worse than the guys I posted in the poll.
                        If I remember right, O'Sullivan had bad era in the minors. His small sample size/success in the Bigs this year seems the outlier.

Comment

Ouch.

Comment

Hefner says his pitching coach Dan Warthen spotted a mechanical flaw in these last 2 mystifying starts after almost a dozen gems in a row.
                            so keep an eye on tomorrow.
                            other problem is Niese returns soon and Mejia was brilliant in his one chance the other day. Mets going 6-man this week, even before Niese returns.
                            Last edited by Judge Jude; 07-28-2013, 01:32 PM.
                            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Roto Rooter View Post

Gee is serviceable.
                              Is there such a thing as a HAPPY shit stain?

OK, getting back to the subject--All things being equal, I take Gee, even though I've been a Jackson fan for years.
                              Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                              -- William James

Comment

Working...
                              X