Jeremy Hefner - stick a fork in him?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeremy Hefner - stick a fork in him?

He's currently scheduled for a 2 start week next week - @KC and @MIA. It doesn't get much better than that. And up until last week, he was rolling.

On the other hand...

July 19 vs PHI, 2 IP 10 H 8 ER
    July 24 vs ATL, 4.1ip 6 H 5 ER

stick a fork in the meatballs he has been serving up

7 HRs in his last 5 starts, had allowed 7 in the 13 starts previous to those

Comment

And the pitches last night that got hit out were just bad pitches, mostly hanging breaking balls, that got absolutely crushed.

Comment

(07/28/13) Mets starting pitcher Jeremy Hefner, who is 0-2 with an 18.47 ERA in two starts in the second half, said pitching coach Dan Warthen has discovered a mechanical flaw in his delivery that has been corrected, according to the New York Post.

Comment

"You will find that Mr. Hornsby will let you know if a pitch is over the plate."

HoF umpire Bill Klem
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

3 no-hit innings to start
            then Stanton long double, Lucas long triple, and hbp and bb load the bases with one out and ahead 3-1
            pops up Mathis, and gets a feeble grounder to SS for the 3rd out - except Quintanilla with the lamest error of the season. he could have thrown to any base and gotten an out, or jogged to 2B. he muffed it, for 2 runs to score.

saw a snippet later, EY II went 1962 Mets Keystone Kops on consecutive plays in the OF.

Hefner walked 5, so not all in command, but his defense was bru-tal.....
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
              3 no-hit innings to start

saw a snippet later, EY II went 1962 Mets Keystone Kops on consecutive plays in the OF.

Hefner walked 5, so not all in command, but his defense was bru-tal.....
              Agree. I didn't see it, but noticed he had 3 strong to start. Then it went off the rails. Same thing happened last start (or the one before). Problematic, but possible redemption. Not as if I can sit him, so I'll ride it out for now.

Comment

Working...
              X