No announcement yet.

Arod - playing - now or never

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The closeness of the poll tells me that none of us really knows how this is going to turn out.
    Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
    -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
      The closeness of the poll tells me that none of us really knows how this is going to turn out.
      I was just thinking the same thing - I still think that he will play this year but what do I know - my teenage just said he wont play this year but will come back

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
        I'll defer to your expertise in this area, but I'll never say something will "never happen". As you know, the courts, and judges, can be quirky, and all it takes is one that decides that he/she might want to take a crack at something like the MLB Anti-Trust exemption, which really doesn't sit well with some folks.
        I've been hearing calls for revocation of MLB's anti-trust exemption for the over 50 years I've been paying attention to the sport. None of those calls/threats have ever gone anywhere. IMO it's a classic example of an empty threat by publicity seekers.
        Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
        -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
          I've been hearing calls for revocation of MLB's anti-trust exemption for the over 50 years I've been paying attention to the sport. None of those calls/threats have ever gone anywhere. IMO it's a classic example of an empty threat by publicity seekers.
          Actually, it's a great threat. MLB knows that there is no particular legal basis for the exemption. The MLBPA always threatens to challenge it during CBA negotiations. The MLBPA then (for this and many other reasons) rolls MLB in the negotiations.

Comment

Working...
          X