Braun suspended for season, effective immediately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eldiablo505
    I can't stand Schilling but I agree with you. Kudos also to DMT for his admission.

I did have a horse in this race, to the extent that I'm a Dodgers fan who thought Kemp should have been MVP. Still, it's a sad story when one of the game's best players is such a farkin' silver-tongued douche that he can summon the sincerity to straight up lie over and over and over to people who then want to give him the benefit of the doubt because he seems so nice. What a dick.
    It's worse if, like me, you're Jewish. This is our #1 athlete, "our guy", "the Hebrew Hammer", one of the few currently successful and popular Jewish athletes. Now I'll have to listen to all of the revisionism, all the "he's not really Jewish because his mother isn't Jewish" (our religious law is matrilineal). He's one of the few people who served as inspiration for our kids to get off their butts, tear themselves away from their electronic umbilical cords and their helicopter mothers and do something PHYSICAL, and now this.
    Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
    -- William James

Comment

now you can pull for Sam Fuld. He's everything Braun is not

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
        now you can pull for Sam Fuld. He's everything Braun is not
        There is that, but he's also not nearly as good and doesn't have a full-time gig. To put it in terms usually associated with "pitching prospects", Fuld is low-ceiling, high-floor. Braun is the moon and the galaxies.

I guess we'll have to look to Ian Kinsler as "our star".

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
        -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky View Post
          Yeah, you're certainly not the first person to question that assumption. And I'm sure you won't be the last.
          Haha!! Couldn't pass up the opportunity to yank your chain .

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
            It's worse if, like me, you're Jewish. This is our #1 athlete, "our guy", "the Hebrew Hammer", one of the few currently successful and popular Jewish athletes. Now I'll have to listen to all of the revisionism, all the "he's not really Jewish because his mother isn't Jewish" (our religious law is matrilineal). He's one of the few people who served as inspiration for our kids to get off their butts, tear themselves away from their electronic umbilical cords and their helicopter mothers and do something PHYSICAL, and now this.
            I'm Jewish too, and who gives a rats ass what religion he is? Do you feel bad about Bernie Madoff too?

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
              There is that, but he's also not nearly as good and doesn't have a full-time gig. To put it in terms usually associated with "pitching prospects", Fuld is low-ceiling, high-floor. Braun is the moon and the galaxies.

I guess we'll have to look to Ian Kinsler as "our star".
              Moe Berg!
              Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
              We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                I'm Jewish too, and who gives a rats ass what religion he is? Do you feel bad about Bernie Madoff too?
                Not a bit. I expect those who are big names on Wall Street to be goniffs. Athletes are different, especially since there aren't many successful Jewish ones.

-- William James

Comment

Greinke speaks out on Braun

finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                    One is always tempted to believe "one of us" (team, company, race, ethnicity, gender, religion, etc.) over "one of them" (anyone not "one of us"). It isn't natural to do otherwise. Then, when "one of us" proves to be a villain, it hurts a lot.

-- William James

Comment

Working...
                    X