Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Braun suspended for season, effective immediately

per Ken Rosenthal

Braun suspended for “violations of the Basic Agreement and its Joint Drug Prevention and Treatment Program.”

Comment

no appeal - it's an accepted suspension agreement at 65 games

Comment

no appeal?

Comment

Who is next?
          Its not what you've got. Its what you give.
          Its not the life you choose. Its the life you live--TESLA

Princess Kate-Kate Marie Hrischuk 9/12/00-1/27/07

Comment

No appeal - this was a settlement with the league at 65 games. Drop city

Comment

The suspension takes place immediately, so Braun will be suspended for the final 65 games of the season, beginning with the Brewers' game Monday night at Miller Park against San Diego. The sanction came as a result of MLB's investigatiion into the infamous Biogenesis clinic, which was exposed as having sold PEDs to players after documents were released to various news agencies earlier this year.

The suspension also exposed Braun as a liar because he has stated many times that he never used PEDs and never wavered from that stance. He recently told reporters, "The truth hasn't changed," referring to ongoing speculation that he would be suspended for PED use.

But Braun issued this statement about his suspension: “As I have acknowledged in the past, I am not perfect. I realize now that I have made some mistakes. I am willing to accept the consequences of those actions. This situation has taken a toll on me and my entire family, and it is has been a distraction to my teammates and the Brewers organization. I am very grateful for the support I have received from players, ownership and the fans in Milwaukee and around the country. Finally, I wish to apologize to anyone I may have disappointed – all of the baseball fans especially those in Milwaukee, the great Brewers organization, and my teammates. I am glad to have this matter behind me once and for all, and I cannot wait to get back to the game I love.”

“We commend Ryan Braun for taking responsibility for his past actions,” said Rob Manfred, Executive Vice President, Economics & League Affairs for Major League Baseball. “We all agree that it is in the best interests of the game to resolve this matter. When Ryan returns, we look forward to him making positive contributions to Major League Baseball, both on and off the field.”

Comment

So safe to say they nailed him last year, but he got off with a cockandballs end around. No wonder MLB fired Shyam Das.

Comment

Can anyone else say, "MLB is a sore loser." He got off on a technicality, so they figured out another way to suspend him. And they tacked on 15 games for making them look bad.

It can't be a coincidence that the Brewers are out of it this year.

F this game.
                  "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                  "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

Two separate cases...the current JDA had to have them follow that procedure last year. This time, they had more flexibility

Comment

Originally posted by Long John View Post
                      I wondered about that too - is there a chance that other players on "the list" who happen to be from teams out of contention might agree to a similar settlement?

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                        Two separate cases...the current JDA had to have them follow that procedure last year. This time, they had more flexibility
                        Frankly, to quote your avatar, this is Bud Selig saying, "This is my BOOMSTICK!"
                        "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                        "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

Gotta admit that I was wrong about the evidence that MLB had...Braun must be a total idiot to allow himself to be tied directly to something like this when one can easily use an intermediary with a crooked clinic like this one obviously was.

Now, it's going to be interesting to see if A-Rod really did have a tweaked quad, or he's settling with MLB on a similar sort of penalty.
                          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                          -Warren Ellis

Comment

As if Braun owners didn't think there was a good chance this would happen...

Comment

Originally posted by Long John View Post
                              Can anyone else say, "MLB is a sore loser." He got off on a technicality, so they figured out another way to suspend him. And they tacked on 15 games for making them look bad.

F this game.
                              Speculation is that it's 50 for the BioGenesis and then the other 15 is for an admission of the 2011 failed test.

But exactly -- the Brewers are out, so why not just be done with it this year?

Comment

Working...
                              X