X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colon sell high, CC buy low?

12 team AL only keeper roto 5x5 with salary cap

My team is in 4th and within 13 of 1st

I have Colon at $4, CC is $37. His owner needs help with salary relief and ratios

I have just traded for Sanchez and I can move up 3-4 spots in K's with the right moves. I can also move up in ratios.

I can squeeze CC in, but he is terrible this year and glogs up $37 in salary, but could turn it around and Colon could start to fade or even get suspended again.

Here was my rotation this week, Kuroda, Colon, Phelps, Norris, Kazmir. I had just released Axelrod and Grimm a few weeks back, so my pitching needs some work

If I get CC after a few other deals, my rotation looks like this, Kuroda, CC, A.Sanchez, Feldman and Kazmir with Morrow, Lewis and Paulino on the DL. i just trade Norris for Benoit and A.Torres

Should I trade Colon for CC?

Thanks

I'd browse for any report on a drop in velocity or something like that first, but if there isn't I think that's a great deal for you.
    BABIP in his last two starts has been really high - 14/31.
    people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Bartolo pulled a disappearing act in the second half last year, so there's a chance CC outperforms him without getting a whole lot better.

I just traded Parnell for Colon in my AFA league but will not be shocked if the other shoe drops.

I would do it.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
      Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
      Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

even after last night, Sabathia xERA per HQ of 3.68
        Colon's is 3.94

so to date, Colon has been lucky and Sabathia a little unlucky, in a nutshell

now you're looking at the rest of the season

I'd take Sabathia for sure
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Therein lies the beauty that is fantasy baseball....

Of course you make the deal...Why? Because if you do and Colon continues to outperform Sabathia then you can say you made the right decision but it didn't work out as all the sabermetrics said it would. And if Sabathia does indeed outperform Colon, then you will reap the benefits.
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
            Therein lies the beauty that is fantasy baseball....

Of course you make the deal...Why? Because if you do and Colon continues to outperform Sabathia then you can say you made the right decision but it didn't work out as all the sabermetrics said it would. And if Sabathia does indeed outperform Colon, then you will reap the benefits.
            I could get Feldman for very little and not give up Colon. Do you think Feldman will hurt or help this yr?

Comment

Originally posted by price View Post
              I could get Feldman for very little and not give up Colon. Do you think Feldman will hurt or help this yr?
              I couldn't help you with Feldman as I haven't paid much attention to him.
              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

amazed to see a 3.70 xERA for Feldman, actually a little better than his "real" one
                now in AL East, but that's a chance to face the toothless Yankees lineup!

Why not acquire both?
                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
                X