Suspensions--Place your Bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspensions--Place your Bets

I imagine almost all of us have skin in the game of who will be suspended for how long when. I know the pen is filled with knowledgeable folks who can put forth educated guesses based on available facts and logic, rather than on wishful thinking, so I figured I'd post a poll so that we can all see the pen consensus on these impending suspensions.
    Never, MLB will suspend these guys, but it won't hold up
    0%
    We will see all 20 guys start their suspensions this year
    0%
    Players won't miss games until next year, because of lengthy appeals
    0%
    Some guys will miss games now, while others will successfully appeal
    0%

The only way you'll see players suspended this year is if they're minor leaguers (and not covered by the current CBA) or if MLB pressures them into a "settlement" based on multiple offenses. I don't think the latter will happen, but you never know. I honestly don't think MLB is going after anyone other than Braun/A-Rod for multiple offenses.

Comment

I voted for option 3, but it's totally wishful thinking.

Comment

My only skin in this game is Everth Cabrera and I'm performing every pagan ritual I can think of to keep him playing the rest of 2013. He and Ben Revere are my SB guys and with Revere done until late August at least I can ill afford to lose Cabrera. :-/
        -----Manager of the unstoppable Rome Aerozombies of the Ugly Knuckler League-----

There are people who appear to single-handedly pull the rug out from under 300,000,000 years of evolution.

"necessary evil" is redundant.

It takes at least 12 bowls of cock soup to equal the vitamin and nutritional content of just one actual cock. --- B-Fly

NR's the right kind of sinner, to release my inner fantasies. --- Pat Benatar

Comment

I just traded for Gio in my biggest money league.....and own Cabrera as well
          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Im torn here, maybe you can help me out.

I am in 3 leagues...of all my teams, the only one I have on this "black sox" list is Ryan Braun on just one team (I am in first place with that team - a H2H points league). I have none of the other players anywhere. So should I be rooting for suspensions to take place this year to cripple everyone else, or should I be OK with replacing Braun with Mike Morse or Bourn (my bench replacements) for the H2H playoffs (not loving it).

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
              Im torn here, maybe you can help me out.

I am in 3 leagues...of all my teams, the only one I have on this "black sox" list is Ryan Braun on just one team (I am in first place with that team - a H2H points league). I have none of the other players anywhere. So should I be rooting for suspensions to take place this year to cripple everyone else, or should I be OK with replacing Braun with Mike Morse or Bourn (my bench replacements) for the H2H playoffs (not loving it).
              trade braun, then root for suspensions!
              "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                trade braun, then root for suspensions!
                I doubt I could get anything for him until whatever happens happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                  I doubt I could get anything for him until whatever happens happens.
                  "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

So far, with 34 votes in, we are split exactly 50/50 (14 votes each) in terms of suspensions happening this year for some or all of the players. So, I guess what I'm learning is that anything can happen, and there is no consensus .

Comment

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                      That's a perfect 2 minutes on how Lost totally lost me.

Comment

Working...
                      X