shhh.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shhh.

lincecum with a no-no through 8. pence just made a nice play on a short liner to right from amarista.
    "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

and only 131 pitches so far!

how could this NOT end well?
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post

This kind of thing (probably) ended Johan Santana's career. But Lincecum's a bit of a different beast -- he's always been super sturdy (which is funny in and of itself given how worried everyone was about his durability coming out of college). Given that it's a one-off kind of thing, I wouldn't be too worried about a guy like Lincecum.

Comment

and we have the long break from the all-star fiesta.

142 pitches and one more out to go...
        "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Good for Timmah!

Comment

Will Carroll makes the distinction between Johan and Timmy by mentioning that Timmy has maintained the same balanced delivery all night.

Comment

148 pitches total

We don't know if it will matter

we do know it was a 9-0 game

I don't even accept the "Johan destroyed by that outing" mantra

but I think dismissing concerns is a little too easy as well
              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

148 pitches total

We don't know if it will matter

we do know it was a 9-0 game

I don't even accept the "Johan destroyed by that outing" mantra

but I think dismissing concerns is a little too easy as well
                You can be concerned, but he gets the next 7-10 days off due to the break, and there's no way anyone takes him out of that game. Break his arm or not, sometimes the personal accomplishment is worth the injury risk to these players. And I'm totally fine with that. He's not even a great pitcher any longer, and he's about to be a free agent -- what risk do the Giants really have in keeping him in? And from Lincecum's perspective, of course he would never willingly come out of a game where he's pitching the no-hitter. So lament all you need to about the risk, but both sides understood it, accepted it, and shrugged it off.

If I'm a Lincecum owner in a fantasy league this year, sure, I worry a little and I wait to see how he comes out in the second half. But as far as risk and concern go, Lincecum is pretty far down on the list.

Comment

Congratulations to Timmah (and the Giants, and Giants fans, and Timmah owners).

I guess we know who gets the fifth start after the All-Star break now, and it's not Chad Gaudin.
                  Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                  -- William James

Comment

With him being a free agent next year, all sides vote to leave him in....
                    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

The way the fans were cheering him on, you would've thought he tossed the no-no in SF!

Comment

Working...
                      X