NL-only trades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL-only trades

12-team NL-only 5x5 (OBP) keeper league - time to blow this mother up. Already traded R. Soriano for a $4 Trevor Rosenthal. Still have the following two offers on the table:

Logan Morrison ($13/2014)
    for
    Johnny Cueto (expiring)
    Jon Jay (expiring)

and

Gerrit Cole ($9/2015 and could extend him for $5 per year going into the last year)
    for
    Kershaw ($40/2015 - any chance that's a keeper price?)
    Y. Molina (expiring)

The problem is, I'm in 10th right now and 3 points back of 9th. I know I'm not going to finish in the money, but the further I fall in the standings, the less keepers I get (right now it would be 11, last place gets 9) and the less transaction money I get. As of now, my keeper list looks something like:
    Ludwick ($4/2014)
    Forsythe ($1/2015)
    Tabata ($1/2015)
    Eovaldi ($1/2014)
    J. Chacin ($1/2015)
    Rosenthal ($4/2015)
    Archie Bradley ($3/2015+ - he'll probably be my free minor leaguer unless he starts next year in the rotation)
    Blake Parker? ($10/2015 - if Gregg gets traded and he gets a chance and runs with it)
    K-Rod? ($10/2015 - if he keeps pitching like he is he'll probably get a closing gig next year, hopefully it's in the NL)
    Matt Davidson? ($1/2015+ - doing pretty well in AAA, will there be a spot for him?)
    Jon Niese? ($10/2014 - shoulder woes and inconsistency mean I probably won't keep him this time around)
    DeJesus? ($7/2015 - decent value, would probably just fill out my keeper list if I needed him)

I'd be all over the Cole deal and pass on the LoMo deal given your parameters of finish impacting keepers. The LoMo deal isn't totally bad, even if you drop to dead last, you still have Ludwick thru Rosenthal on your list (6 players), plus Cole, LoMo and Bradley. But I'd keep Cueto and Jay and keep your options open for an extra keeper or two if you finish 10th or 11th.

I'm really impressed with Cole, but would keep him at $9 for the two years.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I'd trade Kershaw rather than saving him as a keeper, but would shop him widely. Kershaw is arguably the single most valuable NL fantasy player at trading deadline right now. So you should be able to get the single best value in the league as part of a Kershaw deal. Cole $9 isn't bad, but I think you could do better. Shelby Miller has had a few rough starts lately; now might be a time to buy low on him?

Comment

Originally posted by james33 View Post
        I'd trade Kershaw rather than saving him as a keeper, but would shop him widely. Kershaw is arguably the single most valuable NL fantasy player at trading deadline right now. So you should be able to get the single best value in the league as part of a Kershaw deal. Cole $9 isn't bad, but I think you could do better. Shelby Miller has had a few rough starts lately; now might be a time to buy low on him?
        I would even break up the Kershaw/Yadi tandem, you should be able to get 2/3 good keepers for those guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuna View Post
          I would even break up the Kershaw/Yadi tandem, you should be able to get 2/3 good keepers for those guys.
          This is my thought as well, you are offering up the top pitcher in the NL and one of the top 2 catchers, split them up...
          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

agreed, and it's not like Cole is $1. his upside is real, but he isn't dominating yet. Every owner in the league needs Kershaw; he goes to who shows they want him most.
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
              agreed, and it's not like Cole is $1. his upside is real, but he isn't dominating yet. Every owner in the league needs Kershaw; he goes to who shows they want him most.
              I went over it in the lengthy thread a while back, but the owner with Cole is the one who has all the good keepers. I asked for a $5 Shelby Miller instead and he balked.

There is one other owner with some decent pieces who made this offer:
              Z. Wheeler ($5/2014 - could be extended)
              M. Ozuna ($5/2015 - could be extended)
              J. Satin ($10/2015 - filler)
              Maikel Franco ($5/2015+)

for

Kershaw
              AGon
              Cueto
              Jay

I'm not as high on Wheeler or Ozuna as most, but it's still another offer to consider.

Comment

that still seems like too much.

I can't believe that both potential buyers are so ballsy as to assume that they can just sit back and clean up - and the other guy won't make a better offer.

one of these guys has to blink, at least a little bit.

I think I would demand Miller and say if the answer is no, thanks for your time and I will politely take my business elsewhere.
                I would rather give up more just to get Miller. That's the immediate 2014 prize. Ozuna is raw and doesn't walk, and Cole is developing.
                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

I don't do only leagues, but $40 for Kershaw seems like a decent keeper price for him. Depending on your leagues propensity to pay for studs. I would want more than Miller or Cole for him.
                  "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                    I don't do only leagues, but $40 for Kershaw seems like a decent keeper price for him. Depending on your leagues propensity to pay for studs. I would want more than Miller or Cole for him.
                    I guess his price was suppressed a little due to the hip concerns. Hamels went for $38, CLee for $34, Greinke for $28, and Gallardo for $27 (all the other studs were kept). Since my keepers so far are all real cheap (mostly $1) it would be nice to pair them with one expensive stud. Looks like it's time to see what I can get for AGon, Yadi, Cueto, and Jay.

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
                      Gerrit Cole ($9/2015 and could extend him for $5 per year going into the last year)
                      for
                      Kershaw ($40/2015 - any chance that's a keeper price?)
                      Y. Molina (expiring)
                      Perhaps substitute Shelby Miller for Cole, but then add Adrian Gonzalez from your end. Expensive, yes, but you end up with the best keeper available.

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                        I am late to the party, but I agree with Mith. Kershaw is a good keeper at this price. Move your x contracts first. Do not overpay (panic).

Comment

Working...
                        X