Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL trade opinions

NL 5x5 keeper league. 10 teams 280 cap

I am in a battle for 1st, yet am in 8th place in the HR category. I trade Molina $10B (2 year of 3 year contracts), Van Slyke $2A and K-Rod $6A ( I also have Mujica and Parnell at keeper prices, as well as Rosenthal). In return I get McCann $13A, LaRoche $9B and Kendrick $1A. In a separate trade I have acquired Scutaro from a dumper for Dietrich, primarily to offset BA hit. views?

I was going to tell you to decline it until I looked up McCann's stats. Who knew? Van Slyke will have minimal value this year and beyond and K-Rod only has maybe a 50/50 chance to finish the year as a closer (although next year he might find a gig), but it's hard to give up Molina. I still don't really like the deal, seems like you could get a better 2nd piece than LaRoche.

Comment

I like the trade for you, especially if you need power. I think this represents a large bump in HRs. McCann has 11 HRs (without being activate until early May) and LaRoche has 13 HRs. The players you are giving up have a combined 12 HRs, and I don't see Van Slyke getting much PT going forward.

Comment

McCann just hit his 12th. I'd pull the trigger before the other owner changes his mind.

Comment

I'd do the deal, but it does come with significant risk. McCann has been a very good hitter when healthy. But "healthy" and "McCann", sadly, don't often appear in the same sentence or for long periods of time. LaRoche for 9 is a very nice piece, and that's what cinches it for me. Even if McCann tails off and/or gets hurt, you could still come out ahead in the HR department with LaRoche.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
          X