Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Article #3 by Lucky on Advanced Fantasy Baseball Blog

Hi guys,

The third article is up. Much shorter piece this time, but perhaps interesting. For keeper leagues, I suggest a way to get the trading fires stoked up before the freeze deadline. For leagues with reserve drafts after the auction, I offer some advice on how to approach the various rounds.

The second portion may be met with something other than approval, as different owners can have very different ideas about how to tackle the reserve draft. What I describe is what has proven successful to me, especially in single league auctions.

I hope you'll have a chance to go by and take a look. Jon has put up a couple of fine articles on Stars & Scrubs strategy and on reviving LIMA after all these years. both of which are noteworthy. After reading his article, I'm thinking about busting out LIMA again in my AL-only league. I remember how well it worked back in the day, before everyone started using it. Both Jon's recent articles are well worth reading.

Thanks.
    Last edited by ; 03-16-2011, 07:07 AM.

Probably would get more visibility in the regular baseball forum if you could get this moved.

Looking forward to reading it. Excellent articles so far.

Comment

Thanks for the tip. I'll see if I can get one of the mods to move it for me.

I'm glad you liked the other articles. My pieces will not include the statistical analysis writing that some other people around here do such a fantastic job with, like Jason, Kevin Seitzer, Paul Sporer, etc. What the editor wants from me are observations based upon long years of experience. I told the editor up front that I wasn't an "expert", so what I do isn't intended to compete with expert columns, but to supplement them with the perspective of an ordinary guy and advice that is supposed to be helpful.

I feel just a little embarrassed having my writing appear on a site called "Advanced Fantasy Baseball", which has some really good writers. But I'll keep doing the best I can with it. I also have to admit that positive feedback like yours is what gives me the energy to get another article ready for the next week. So, thanks for the kind words. I also welcome constructive criticism and advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky View Post
        Thanks for the tip. I'll see if I can get one of the mods to move it for me.

I'm glad you liked the other articles. My pieces will not include the statistical analysis writing that some other people around here do such a fantastic job with, like Jason, Kevin Seitzer, Paul Sporer, etc. What the editor wants from me are observations based upon long years of experience. I told the editor up front that I wasn't an "expert", so what I do isn't intended to compete with expert columns, but to supplement them with the perspective of an ordinary guy and advice that is supposed to be helpful.

I feel just a little embarrassed having my writing appear on a site called "Advanced Fantasy Baseball", which has some really good writers. But I'll keep doing the best I can with it. I also have to admit that positive feedback like yours is what gives me the energy to get another article ready for the next week. So, thanks for the kind words. I also welcome constructive criticism and advice.
        Don't be humble - you've earned it

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky View Post
          Hi guys,

The third article is up. Much shorter piece this time, but perhaps interesting. For keeper leagues, I suggest a way to get the trading fires stoked up before the freeze deadline. For leagues with reserve drafts after the auction, I offer some advice on how to approach the various rounds.

The second portion may be met with something other than approval, as different owners can have very different ideas about how to tackle the reserve draft. What I describe is what has proven successful to me, especially in single league auctions.

I hope you'll have a chance to go by and take a look. Jon has put up a couple of fine articles on Stars & Scrubs strategy and on reviving LIMA after all these years. both of which are noteworthy. After reading his article, I'm thinking about busting out LIMA again in my AL-only league. I remember how well it worked back in the day, before everyone started using it. Both Jon's recent articles are well worth reading.

Thanks.
          Is there a link?

Comment

Originally posted by wannabegriffey View Post
            Is there a link?
            I think you just go to

Comment

Nice work!

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                Don't be humble - you've earned it
                Seriously, if I'm advanced, so are you.