Fantasy trades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantasy trades

As the MLB trade deadline looms, Lets look at the deals we have made. What deals noteworthy deals have you made since opening day?

My biggest was Votto straight for McCutchen. I had Goldschmidt and he had Trout, GoGo and the J Upton. Both sides dealt from depth.

My favorite is Andrelton Simmons and Nick Castellanos for Cole Hamels. Hamels has been much better since I picked him up. With Locke and Jose Fernandez i finally have a rotation. I will miss Castellanos though.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Came into the year in rebuild mode as I had nothing left after winning in 11 and 3rd in 12. Made it clear before the draft that I was selling early. Two days in I traded Sabathia $41, Nathan 20 (last year), Berkman, Avila and Dyson FOR Machado $6 (sy) Wil Myers (minors) C. Lewis $1, two 2014 minor league first round picks and throw-ins Kotteras, Nava (who I flipped later) L. Hendricks and Capps.................

Half my league got REALLY P!SSED
    Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

Traded Dunn, Perkins and Hellickson for Gio the second week of season. Could really use Dunn's power. Not missing Perkins as I lead in saves. Hellickson has been up and down..Gio has been fantastic after a bad start for me.

Traded Ev. Cabrera for Peavy in April. I have a huge lead in steals and Peavy was pretty good before DL stint. Hoping Peavy has a solid second half.

Traded Gallardo and Victorino for An. Sanchez. Love this deal just for getting rid of Gallardo. If Sanchez stays healthy huge trade for me.

Traded Arenado and Villanueva for MadBum. Still shaking my head over why other owner took this deal.
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Ours is a league with with a keeper system and ownership group that promotes lots of trades (more than 200 different players traded already this year - many of those multiple times) . Also the system (keeper salary the following year goes inverse of finish) typically requires you set up your go for it seasons well in advance (only 1 time has a champ managed to win back to back in 19 years and only two others finished in the money following a championship). This is the year I've been targeting ever since my last win in 2010 and to that end I've traded less than usual, just 6 deals to date. All have essentially been trading my short term future to totally cement my pitching and solidly patch the tiny holes in my offense. Net result I'm well in front on my way to title #5 and might have enough cushion near the deadline to still trade for a keep. The sum of my six trades:
        Traded away R Zimmerman (signed thru 2015), Heyward (2014), Crisp Scutaro Hughes J Veras T Wood (all 5 signable if desired) and four free rookies Taveras, Profar, Teheran, and Miley. I also traded away Verlander (2014) but acquired him in a deal a couple weeks earlier so not really true trade away.
        Received the following players in their final contract year: Napoli, David Wright, Lawrie, Cliff Lee, Kimbrel, and Greg Holland. I also got Greinke (2014) and signable bats Alex Gordon, Werth, and Jhonny Peralta.
        Last edited by ; 07-09-2013, 08:30 PM.

Comment

2md week of season - appeared to have big excess of hitting (most of the disappointments are in my sig), needed an SP
          other team had a ridiculous overload of SP, needed offense

so I got lame duck Bumgarner and a bum for my lame duck SCastro and a bum

Bumgarner is an All-Star, Castro - is a bum
          the bum I got was Descalso 1, who has outhit Castro since (!)
          he cut the bum RP I sent right away

he still has a huge lead in W/K/ERA/Ratio, but with no offense he's stuck in the murky middle with me
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
          X