Soria--read the tea leaves?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soria--read the tea leaves?

Texas activated Soria from the DL following TJ surgery on Sunday. His first game action came last night, personally I thought they would ease him in, hoping he would regain the setup role by August. Last night they brought him into the game in the 8th (albeit with a 3 run lead) against the O's 1-2-3 hitters. He gets Markaikis 6-3, K's Machado swinging and Jones flew out to left. Does he supplant Scheppers in the 8th? What does Texas do in the offseason with Nathan's $9M option? Good problem to have.
    Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

The tea leaves were originally pretty plain back on Dec. 4 when they signed him to this deal: 2013: $2 million, 2014: $5.5 million, 2015: $7 million club option ($500,000 buyout). Couple that with the lack of hesitancy in TX to let vets walk. I was pretty shocked to get him at a buck in my two keeper AL leagues. The improvement is Scheppers is the only wildcard.

Comment

Originally posted by Weapon1 View Post
      I was pretty shocked to get him at a buck in my two keeper AL leagues.
      I also have him at $1 in my AL only-----along with C. Lewis $1, Duffy $1, Lackey $3, McGee $2, Darvish $6(SY)....gonna have some spending money next spring!!!

Just worried about falling in love with the price tag and taking on too much risk....
      Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

If he's even close to 100%, he better supplant Scheppers in the 8th. If there's a MR whose stats scream "FLUKE!!!", it's Tanner S.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
        X