AL-only help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AL-only help

I need to activate pitcher Martin Perez (TEX) or lose him this week. Is there anyone on my roster you would drop for him?

Scherzer
    Jarrod Parker
    John Danks
    Chris Tillman
    Drew Smyly
    Tanner Scheppers
    Jake McGee
    Joe Smith
    Joe Nathan

categories, league parameters? Redraft 5x5 I would consider dropping Smith or Scheppers, I still feel Smyly has a shot at a value uptick in the second half.
    Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

Originally posted by Grinch View Post
      categories, league parameters? Redraft 5x5 I would consider dropping Smith or Scheppers, I still feel Smyly has a shot at a value uptick in the second half.
      Sorry, I meant to provide that info....
      AL-only 4X4 13 team league

Comment

I'd drop Scheppers. IMO, his numbers are an illusion. Bad K:BB ratio, unsustainable BAA/BABIP. If this is a keeper league, I do it faster than you can say "Martin Perez" three times. Even in a non-keeper league, I'd pull the trigger.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
          I'd drop Scheppers. IMO, his numbers are an illusion. Bad K:BB ratio, unsustainable BAA/BABIP. If this is a keeper league, I do it faster than you can say "Martin Perez" three times. Even in a non-keeper league, I'd pull the trigger.
          I agree on the assessment of Scheppers. His numbers justify a higher era and whip. He is the set-up man for Nathan who is old and my only closer. It's very hard to drop Scheppers.
          It's a keeper league and I have Tillman and Danks for $1. I was thinking about dropping one of them but it's not an easy decision. Currently 1st in Whip, 1st in Wins, 2nd in ERA and 6th in Saves.
          I also have Martin Perez for $1.

Comment

I don't think you would miss McGee much unless you have him for $1 also. I'd drop Scheppers and Smith for Perez also.

Comment

I'd drop Smith, he's the furthest away from saves

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                I'd drop Smith, he's the furthest away from saves
                Yep. Just made the 8th inning guy. Not so helpful in 4x4.

Comment

I'm surprised nobody thinks I should drop $1 Danks (coming back from injury) or $1 Tillman (young and unproven).
                  I own McGee $7(min free agent bid) because someone dropped him after the bad April/May. He has been lights out since (1.59 ERA .765 Whip 17inn, 20k's, 3BB, 10 hits).
                  I'm leaning towards Joe Smith unless someone convinces me to dump Danks or Tillman.

Comment

Do not drop Danks. He's finally throwing freely; it'll take a bit for him to get his command completely back, but even with that, he's still pitching pretty well. And don't even think about dropping Tillman.

I'd drop Scheppers, but Smith would be my next choice.
                    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                      Do not drop Danks. He's finally throwing freely; it'll take a bit for him to get his command completely back, but even with that, he's still pitching pretty well. And don't even think about dropping Tillman.

I'd drop Scheppers, but Smith would be my next choice.
                      Took your advise

Comment

Working...
                      X