X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K13: Byron Buxton

What is with this kid?

He is still 19 years old; DOB 18 Dec 1993
    Last year the Twins made him the #2 pick in the draft. Many believed he would go #1.

He struggled in rookie ball, then turned it on late. That is almost always a good sign with developing players. However, he was expected to spend all of 2013 in low A ball.

For two months in A ball, he was a monster: .341/.431/.559 8 HR in 321 PA 10 triples

Now in High A ball, he has developed into a singles machine: .375/.390/.500 in 40 PA, 2.4% BB, but the K rate is down from Low A: 17.4% to 17.1%

The Twins are being very cautious. That much is obvious. Will he see AA this year? What would force their hand?

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

The Florida State League parks are large and he's now facing better quality pitching here while being the youngest kid in the league.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
      The Florida State League parks are large and he's now facing better quality pitching here while being the youngest kid in the league.
      He's hitting .375. I don't think he's overmatched. As noted, in spite of better pitching, his K rate has stayed level. I was wondering if his approach had changed, they were giving him a steady diet away, defending him differently or what?

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
      X