Pujols option

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pujols option

I have been an owner of this guy for several years (possible man crush) but he is becoming close to waiver wire fodder in 12 team league. .244/13/49 is pathethic for corner infielder who was #1 player only 2 years ago. Survived his terrible start last year too. What is he worth in 12 team league? I'm beginning to think that Ike Davis might we worth a shot for second half.

Should the Angels just DL this guy, get him the surgery he needs and wait til next year

wow - I too am hating this year

I think that it takes too much nerve to just cut him

Comment

Yeah, you can't cut the guy. At least try and deal him for 80 cents on the dollar.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        Yeah, you can't cut the guy. At least try and deal him for 80 cents on the dollar.
        Who is going pay it? For most keeper leagues his salary will prevent him from going to a rebuilding team. And those that are in the hunt can't afford to take on his stats.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          Who is going pay it? For most keeper leagues his salary will prevent him from going to a rebuilding team. And those that are in the hunt can't afford to take on his stats.
          I think you're overblowing his decline. He's on pace for just 6 less runs, 6 less HRs and 9 less RBIs than last year. But those numbers are lower because of his season-long slump, so a small hot streak that gets his BA from .247 to .270 will put him right on par with last year, minus the SBs that look like they're gone for good. And last year's numbers still gave him a huge salary or made him a 1st round pick in redrafts. So I'm sure contenders can take his stats on, if they pay a discount.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
            I think you're overblowing his decline. He's on pace for just 6 less runs, 6 less HRs and 9 less RBIs than last year. But those numbers are lower because of his season-long slump, so a small hot streak that gets his BA from .247 to .270 will put him right on par with last year, minus the SBs that look like they're gone for good. And last year's numbers still gave him a huge salary or made him a 1st round pick in redrafts. So I'm sure contenders can take his stats on, if they pay a discount.
            Agreed, that his stats are not that far off of last year except for SB, but have you watched him hit and run. He appears to be really off balance in the box which is likely trying to find the least painful position he can stand and when he runs it almost hurts to watch. I bet half the catchers in MLB can out run him these days. I'm not seeing anything that resembles a bounce back this year and given the rest of the team except Trout and Kendrick, there is not much going with the Angels

Comment

Working...
            X