Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Are Your "Trusted" Fantasy Baseball Experts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FBP View Post
    I find Bernie Pleskoff worthwhile
    one of the nicest guys to chat with. I've learned a lot from him

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
      I trust the Towers of Power Fantasy Hour (or two) with your hosts, Paul Sporer and Jason Collette.....except for music, because the music Jason picks suuuuuuccccckkkkkkkssss.......
      wait until you hear the slow stuff we have next

Comment

I like Al Melchoir, Dave Cameron, Adam Ronis & Matthew Pouliot. RHD's Minor Leaguer threads are amazing.

Comment

Pre-season, I trust only one, and that's Paul Sporer. His work is the only work I can point to that's quantitatively improved my fantasy baseball pitching squads for a number of years. I read a lot for ideas, concepts, and understanding what my enem...I mean opponents, will be doing. I have a half dozen Shandler acolytes in my main auction league, so the Forecaster has become a must.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

The only people that I have paid money for their opinions are Paul Sporer and Todd Zola (and the rest of the people at Mastersball, although I like Todd's better than Lawr and a lot better than Perry). I like Fangraphs in general, although I'm not sure the last time I saw something there that I actually acted on. I used to read BP but I found that as my time got more limited I just wasn't reading/appreciating enough of their content to want to pay for it, and I had a ton of problems with their draft software.

rhd's minors insights are very useful, although eventually I just get lazy and pick up the youngest guys in AA or AAA who are playing decent.
            In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Zola View Post
              Probably because 70 of the reads was me seeing who else named me

I've got a serious question for you.

Why the quotation marks? If you truly trust us (and thanks by the way) do you "trust" us or trust us?

I bet if you posed the question

Who do you trust you may get more responses.

But what do I know. I'm just a "so-called expert".
              Started a thread, complained about lack of responses in said thread, then went away on vacation.

I do like your syntax better than mine (can formatting fall under the umbrella of syntax?). I can ensure you the quotation marks were not meant to be condescending in any fashion, as you use them in the "so-called expert" phrase.

Since we're more than a week out from my original question, I'm having a hard time recalling the specific reason behind the quotes. My best guess is that quotation marks were the only way to emphasize the word in the heading of the thread (there are no formatting options for a thread name).

For what it's worth, I have a fledgling blog and a reader asked if they only have a couple of hours each week to devote to fantasy content, who should they be reading. It was a strong reminder to me that I only trust a small circle of writers, but there are probably others out there I should be aware of and should be giving more of a chance. Outside of this small circle, the rest of the content I make my way through is done with heavy skepticism.

I wanted to use the responses in this thread as an exercise in expanding this small circle of experts that I do trust.

Comment

i really enjoy doug thorburn's work on pitching mechanics.
                One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Rutschman 22 JRamirez 40 Dezenzo 5 Lewis 6 Semien 26 Torres 20 Hamilton 10 Tucker 42 Cowser 1 Meadows 5 Holliday 17 Andujar 10 Robert 28 P Lopez 8 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10 McArthur 1 Miller 6 Crochet 10 Crawford 1

Comment

Working...
                X